Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Off BC and TTC

Ive been off birth control since last may, and we've been ttc, i havent been charting or anything yet, but nothing so far, and my period is all over the place, could it take a while for me to become regular again because of the bc. I havent had a period since october but i am waiting to get insurance before going to the doctor.  i just wasnt sure if it could be because of the birth control or if its been long enough now to be for other reasons.   

Re: Off BC and TTC

• Well you could take a pregnancy test - that's a fairly sure way to find out.  But it is also possible that you just haven't gotten your period because of going off the pill.  But you really should get to a doctor, because 3 months without a period and not being pregnant is about as long as doctors want you to go.

• Agree with pp.  You should see a doc if you don't get a period in 90 days.  If you are not charting you don't even know if you are Oing every month.  It can take up to a year to regulate your cycle after bcp.  GL.
    Anniversary Baby
  • It can take up to a year for your body to adjust going off BC but every woman is affected differently (if at all) by the pill.  I'd see our doc as soon as possible regarding your lack of period b/c they might be able to prescribe something to trigger a cycle and get your body back on track.  If you don't have the insurance I'm sure there's a walk-in clinic you could visit.  If not, I'd start temping and charting just to see where you're at and have a record of it which may help your doc when you do get the insurance to pay them a visit.  GL
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • You don't have health insurance, but you're TTC anyway?

Thanks a lot for being another drain on society.  I'll remember to think of you when I get my next paycheck and see all of the taxes taken out of it.....but I won't be thinking kind thoughts.

I just want to punch stupid people like you.  Right in the face.  Every child deserves to be born to RESPONSIBLE parents.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Maybride2:

You don't have health insurance, but you're TTC anyway?

Thanks a lot for being another drain on society.  I'll remember to think of you when I get my next paycheck and see all of the taxes taken out of it.....but I won't be thinking kind thoughts.

I just want to punch stupid people like you.  Right in the face.  Every child deserves to be born to RESPONSIBLE parents.

Yes 

• "Once you stop taking the pill, the hormones are out of your body quickly, usually within a couple of days. When the hormones are gone your body needs to start again on its own to function. That mean it will start producing follicles again, which eventually lead you to ovulate. Everybody acts differently, some may take a couple of weeks to ovulate, other may take some months, but in general your body should be in "normal mode" within less than two to three months after stopping the pill."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53641 

• Wow, thanks, anyways, just so you know next time you look at your paycheck, why do you worry about the people who are actually using your taxes to raise a child, I have a good job and a degree,  and so does my husband, he was offered a new and better job and our insurance does not start right away but dont worry it will soon.  when i do decide to go to the doctor i have every intention of either paying the full price or i will wait until i have insurance, and when i do concieve, my child will be brought in to this world with responible parents who have every intention of giving them the best of life. I was just looking for some quick advice. I pay all of my own bills and have no intention of taking handouts from anyone especially you.  So before you get off calling me irresponsible and a drain on society, get all of the correct information, and please if you have any more arrogant and ignorant comments to make, keep them to yourself, I highly doubt this message board was create so you can get off on insulting people.
  • Thanks for all of the advice, I have taken pregnancy tests, and they have been negative and I am planning on going to the doctor, I was just looking for some info about coming off of birth control.  I really appreciate the comments, Thanks
  • image cbost:
    I pay all of my own bills and have no intention of taking handouts from anyone especially you. 

Oh, ok.  So.........had your last pregnancy test come back postive, what was your plan?  Were you going to forgo vital prenatal care?  Pray for the Health Care Fairy to come help you?  Do you really have $100,000 saved up to pay all of the bills on your own?

What exactly was your plan?

And what is responsible about trying to get pregnant when you even admit that you can't afford to see a doctor right now?  How is that giving your future child the best life?

I don't "get off" insulting people.  I'm sickened by the irresponsibility and stupidity shown by some people and don't see a need to stay quiet about it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Fine, don't stay quiet about irresponsible and stupid people, but if you knew me at all, you would realize, that I am not by any means irresponsible or stupid, the 1 1/2 to 2 months we have not had insurance would in no way affect whether that last test had come back positive.  I have the money to pay for a doctor and every last part of the vital care I would need until I get insurance. I knew what date I would be receiving coverage from our insurance and I have been fully aware of what money it would take if I became pregnant within those two months, and that has not been of my concern at all.  At no point have I said I could not afford going to see a doctor, but I am obviously not pregnant, so I figured I might as well wait until I do have insurance.  You being sickened by the irresponsible and stupidity of people is fine, but you insulting me when you do not know hardly anything about me is not fine, its stupid.  I did not ask for an undeserved lecture on whether I am responsible or not, I simply asked about possible after affects on birth control and to see if anyone else had similar problems after being off of birth control.