Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email h[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

new member of the silent ranks

hey everyone, new wife to a marine, anyone from ohio or at camp lejeune? the hubs and i have been married exactly 2 weeks today and ive spent more time by myself than i have with hubby or people in general. i guess thats the military life though. well feel free to send me a message or how ever this board works. id love to swap stories with anyone!

Re: new member of the silent ranks

• Hey welcome to the board and congrats on your wedding. Unfortunately the military sees more of our dh's then we see them. But we seem to make it through. If you have any questions or want to vent or just talk, we're here for you.
  • DH and I have been married exactly a month.  He's Army which makes me useless to navigate the Marines.  But, I just wanted to welcome you to the board.
  • What is the silent ranks?
  • Yeah weve been together for 4+ years military almost 3 of them and its a pain weve done 2 deployments preping for another... i know most of the ins and outs of the marines but now i can get alittle more insite.. but it still sucks we went down to get all of our paper work done right after the wedding and they made him do a field op... so needless to say we didnt get paper work done and i only got to see him 1/2 of last sat.. ugh.. and now im home and hes still on base and it just sucks..

the military has ranks for our men.. so the wives are the silent ranks of the military... the strength behind all of our good men.

• DH is ETSing from AD and going NG soon.  I am sooooo dreading the paperwork aspect!!
  • Welcome to the club!  This board is so supportive, you will love it here!  You will get used to the separations (they don't get easier though).  My BIL was at camp Lejune and we may be headed there soon.  DH is considering Marine OCS.  Congrats on your marriage!
  • Hi!  I'm Karen, and DH is USMC.  We are at Lejeune, though DH is deployed right now for the second time.  We've been hitched for almost three years now.  Yes - your DH will have another woman in his life that is very needy and requires a lot of attention - and the Marine Corps is definitely that woman.  It's not always fun, but it does get easier.  Let me know if you have any questions about anything!

Oh, and please capitalize Marine when referencing anyone in the U.S. Marine Corps (or British Royal Marines).  Marines will see it as a sign of disrespect to not use it as a title.  (I totally do not mean that to be snarky.  I promise.  DH had a whole conversation about it when we were first dating so now it always jumps out at me.)

Welcome to the board!  The ladies here are wonderful.

• image blondebunny:
    What is the silent ranks?

It's a term for the spouses and family members.

• Dh is also a Marine. There aren't that many of us Marine Corps families/wives on here, but we're slowly growing.

Feel free to ask any questions if you need answers.

• Congrats on your new marriage!  DH is Army NG, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome anyway!
  • hello and congrats on your wedding!  dh is in the marine corps for another week - stationed down at lejeune.  i haven't been down there in a while - but will be next week so i can meet with the movers at our storage unit! good luck down there.
  • Welcome!! We are not anywhere near you, but welcome to the board anyone! You'll love it here!
  • welcome!!! and congrats on your wedding :)
  • HI and welcome to the Board. Congrats on your wedding