Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I miss my mom

I really wanted to go with my sister to go see my mom tomorrow but I couldnt find anyone to work for me. The last time my mom was in town was the begining of the month and even then I didnt get to see her much. It sucks only being able to see her a few hours once a month. Back story is she and her DH are truck drivers, but have everyother weekend off because her DH (my step-dad, they just got married in August) has his daughter then. But it is the weekend that I work so anytime they plan parties or come into town I have to work untill at least 3 and most of the time they leave by 8 or so. Which means I dont get much time with my mom. I really miss my mom and just wish I could see her more. DH complians when he goes more than a week without seeing his parents. It makes me kind of mad when he makes comments about it when he knows that I get to see my mom even less then he does. I wish I got to see her once a week. I have tried to get on the other weekend but they wont let me so I guess I will just have to live with it.

vent over

Re: I miss my mom

• Thats a bummer. I only get to see my mom about once a month if I'm lucky since they live in KC. Since I'm pregnant now we won't be traveling much here soon and it will be a long time before I actually get to see them again. They will have to take some time off and come up to visit us. DH's parents live 4 minutes from our house. I totally get your situation. There is just no replacement for mom!
  • That really sucks!  I know exactly how you feel.  i am always missing my mom because she is always there for me through everything.  The last time I saw her was Christmas :(  Luckily when we go home I get to spend almost the whole weekend at their house because DH's parents make him mad so he doesn't care if we make it out there or not! I only see my mom about once every 2 months though!

I get where you are coming from and I hope that you are able to go see your mom soon...I think that a daughter just really has that special relationship with their mom that can make it really hard when you don't see her all that often.

• I do get to see my mom about every 2 weeks, even then it's for lunch or dinner or as they drop something off for me. I call her every 3-4 days though so that really helps our relationship. That might not work so well for you since your mom is a truck driver, but maybe on her stops, she can give you a quick call.

And you should probably let your H know how his complaining makes you feel. Just put it into perspective for him. There's no way that I would complain about not seeing my parents to my H because he sees his twice a year if he's lucky.