Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cheapest way to call home from Mexico?

Hi,

My DH and I are leaving for Playa in the morning and we're leaving our 2 small kids back home with Grandma.  I want to call at least once each day and am wondering if I should go buy a calling card from Target or what?  I just called out cell provider (tmobile) and we do have coverage, but it'll cost us $1.49 a minute.  Is a calling card the cheapest option?

Thanks!

Ericka

Re: Cheapest way to call home from Mexico?

• Yes, definitely a calling card.  That's what we used.
    Just celebrated 6 blessed wedded years! 9.24.06
    image image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image Gaytz:

Hi,

My DH and I are leaving for Playa in the morning and we're leaving our 2 small kids back home with Grandma.? I want to call at least once each day and am wondering if I should go buy a?calling card from Target or what?? I just called out cell provider (tmobile) and we do have coverage, but it'll cost us $1.49 a minute.? Is a calling card the cheapest option?

Thanks!

Ericka

but isn't this a vacation?? ?Stick out tongue i was thinking about when our parents went somewhere without us and we got called maybe twice the whole week... but whateva. pp is right, calling card should be cheapest.

• If you stay at one of the Palace Resorts, you get free phone calls back to the US and Canada and free internet! 

If your resort does not offer this, then use either card or see if you can get international calling added to your cell phone for a short period.

If you go with the calling card, check with your resort to see if they have any connection fees.

• skype or internet/phone shops