May 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What's for Dinner?

What's everyone having tonight?  I was really having a hard time making a decision but we're having Slow Cooker Mexican Casserole...I'm hoping it turns out well!

Re: What's for Dinner?

• yum, mexican casserole sounds so good.  can you post the recipe>

we are having spaghetti and meatballs with a salad.  

• I ordered a sub from someone at work.  So that will be DH's dinner and I will have leftover pasta.  I have been uninspired to cook this week (thank you busy work week).  Hopefully this weekend I can be creative.
  • sure Allie...I should warn you though I just throw stuff in and don't always measure :)  I adapted this recipe from a tex mex lasagna recipe that I had and can't locate right now.

1 lb ground turkey (browned)
    4 cups elbow macaroni (you could do less...I didn't realize how much it was until I dumped it into the crockpot!)
    1 can of sweet corn (drained)
    1 jar of salsa (roughly 16 oz)
    cumin, taco seasoning (I use the tall containers of these from costco so I gave each container a good 2-3 shakes)
    I also used a couple dashes of the Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Mix
    1 small can tomato sauce
    1 cup water
    Cheddar cheese (sprinkled across top of mixture)

brown ground turkey (or beef) and mix with other ingredients into crockpot and heat.  My crockpot runs very hot so I set mine for an hour then I'll check it to see if its good to go.

• Well -- homeywood is having soup and salad so that is it for me