Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Perhaps I'm naive but I have a ?

Okay, I stopped taking my birth control about 2 weeks ago after my last period.  About how long does it take to start ovulating again?  Is it possible this month or will it take longer?
"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness."

Re: Perhaps I'm naive but I have a ?

• It can take some people a year to get regular. So there is no telling when you will O. GL!!
    "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It seems like it is different for everybody. It could be this month or it could take longer. Are you charting?
  • No, I haven't started charting yet.  DH and I aren't going to actively ttc for a while yet so I didn't think I needed to.
    "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness."
  • You need to start charting & temping to determine ovulation.

You can have a period without actually having ovulated.  Only temperatures will tell you if ovulation occured.  Go to library & get Taking Charge of Your Fertility and join fertilityfriend.com for free.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A friend of mine went off the pill and was pregnant within a month. (She's 36).
  • Some women begin to ovulate right away while others can take up to a year. Everyone is different. The only real way to know when you're ovulating is to chart.

Best of luck!

• yes, I would def recommend charting so you know if you are even Oing.  Since you are not yet ttc, take the time now to chart and learn your cycle so you have that knowledge going into ttc.  This is my first cycle off bcp but Dh and I are not yet ttc.  I am happy to find out that I did indeed O in CD 16.  It might put your mind at ease knowing you O.  Otherwise you may have trouble down the road ttc and not even know thait may be because you are not Oing.  Charting can be as simple as taking a waking temp everyday.  GL! 
    Anniversary Baby
  • image kjewell:
    No, I haven't started charting yet.  DH and I aren't going to actively ttc for a while yet so I didn't think I needed to.

You can also use charting to tta. I'm getting off BCP and DH and I are going to chart to avoid. I recommend getting the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, in that book she talks about using charting as BC. GL.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Even once you start charting, it can be hard to determine when/if you are ovulating right after you go off of BCP.  That's where I am right now.  I went off in November & I've had one 37 day cycle so far.  And my chart is all over the place.  One day I have cross hairs, the next day they are moved, and today FF took them away all together.  I'm  trying to be patient & not fall off the temping bandwagon.

Good luck to you!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just got off BCP in Dec. We decided not to start temping right away and lets see if we get KU... Well here we are starting cycle #3 and I am dying to know if I am even ovulating. So I did start charting this month. I wish I would have from the start.

My cycles were 28 and 23 days so not very regular yet but not crazy either.

BFP #1 4/6/09; CP 4/10/09 BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10 BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5 w 3 d; natural miscarriage 1/11/13; BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13 grow baby grow Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers