Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Too late for a house warming party?

We closed on our house in August, then got married two weeks later. We're just finishing up with getting the house painted and decorated. Is it too late to have a house warming party? And really everyone is starting to get busy with holiday stuff, so it would be more feasable to have it after the holidays. What does everyone think? TIA

Re: Too late for a house warming party?

• call it a holiday party instead. invite with a cute 'come warm our house' this holiday season. or something like that.
  • It's never too late to show off your new place that you put so much work into and that people want to see!!  I agree with the pp...cute way to word it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had our housewarming party 3 1/2 months after we moved in. I don't think that it is too late to have your party, but I would wait until after Christmas. It is so busy this time of year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • No way is too late to have a house warming party!!!  Now if it was a year and a half later, then yes.  But now would be a wonderful time.  Only you know your group - if you are going to plan a pre-holiday party, you need to get it on the books sooner rather than later.  With December not even started, you still have a couple options to chose from. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it should be fine. November and December are almost blur for a lot of people anyways with the holiday. I have actually seen people that throws their party in January when everything sort of winds down. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Have a good time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • We moved in October and had our housewarming party Jan. 15th. I would throw the party, keep it a housewarming party, that's more unique than just another holiday party.