Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Keeping Whites - white?

How do you all keep your white clothes white?  I've got a bunch of old white stuff that looks dingy yellow anymore.  Is there a way to bring the white back to these clothes?  I hardly ever buy white items anymore b/c of them getting dirty looking so quick.  Thanks!

Re: Keeping Whites - white?

• Rit Dye makes two products one is Called Whitener and Brightener the other is called White Wash.

They essentially do the same thing, but the White Wash removes stains moreso.

Both products work great and our super easy to use. Cheap too.

I throw a packet in a couple times a month on my whites.

Also, hot water does the best for me on whites. Anything else on cold/warm comes out great...but not my whites.

• a cup of peroxide, a cup of the liquid detergent. 
  • Sometimes, I've used a teaspoon of Cream of Tartar right on the spot, as a pretreatment (mostly for pit stains), sometimes that works. I've heard 2 crushed aspirin made into a paste with a bit of water also helps as a pre-treat before washing.