Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to even begin packing???

I just don't know where to start. I mean I guess I could start just doing massive loads of laundry, but then part of me wants to wait and use my brand new front loader that's waiting for me at the new house. Ugh, motivation level...zero.

Re: Where to even begin packing???

• oh no!! I would start with books and knick knacks and things you don't use everyday. Just remember your nice new house you are going to, that should up the motivation!!
  • I would start packing stuff away that you don't use on an everyday basis. Then as it gets closer to moving time, start packing items up by room. When we moved it was much easier to unpack when we had each box labeled as to what room it went to.

Oh and I agree- think of your nice new house. That should be motivation enough. Big Smile

• I would tackle a room or an area a day.  My only regret is not purging before we moved...if you have the time, it's the perfect opportunity.  That way, you are only moving things that you need/use.  Good luck...moving is such a chore but the end result is a great new house!
  • I usually start with stuff I'm not using-likes books and stuff. It is also helpful to have that shelf space open for organizing piles and stuff later. I also pack all the out of season clothes early on as well.
  • I would do as much laundry as possible. I can't imagine moving lots of dirty laundry. You'll have plenty of time to use your new w&d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have packing down to a science thanks to recently finishing school, summer internships and a 1 year out of state full-time job.

#1 - Start with a purge!  Clothes you don't wear, books, furniture that doesn't fit the new house, old small appliances you plan to replace, etc.  I see you are getting really close to move time so a garage sale is probably out of the question, but there is always donation.

#2 - Off season clothes that should already be stored away and therefore easily packable.  I like to use boxes for these since I usually already have them in space saver vacuum bags.  Also pack up extra bedding, towels, and any bath stuff you don't use on a regular basis.

#3 - Books, movies, picture frames, mirrors and knick knacks.  Do it based on where they are going in the new house and label the box as such.  I even made a list of everything that was in each box for reference later.  Getting the "stuff" out of the way makes cleaning easier.  Clean the furniture as you clear it off so you don't transport dust to your new house.

#4 - Food, dishes and pots.  Hopefully you've been trying to use up perishable and half-bags of stuff.  Pack all of the non-perishable food that is worth taking (spices get expensive to replace).  Once the food is gone, pack up the pots and dishes.  Keep some paper and plastic ware (including cups) available. 

#5 - Current clothes and bedding.  Hanging rod boxes are worth the money. 

• Start by packing things that you don't need in the near future before the move.  Save the stuff you use everyday for last.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers