Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

***Mrs.C7***

You are moving back to DC????

Didn't you just move to Indy not too long ago?  What's happening?

/nosy

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
imageimageimageimage

Re: ***Mrs.C7***

• ::butting in:: When is this happening? We need to meet up for some tasty lunch or something before then. I'd be glad to make the trip to Indy!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

I know!  It's complicated but the short story is DH got a promotion at his agency (yay!) which requires him to be in DC so we're moving back. Unfortunately, I have financial obligations to my company so I'm staying in Indy until the end of the year with Emma while DH flies back and forth (boo). My job won't give me enough flexibility to split cities so I'll need to find another job (boo x2). I like my job a lot but obviously family comes first.

Sigh. Being a dual career family sucks sometimes.

image imageimage
  • MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    image caseyandlizzie:

::butting in:: When is this happening? We need to meet up for some tasty lunch or something before then. I'd be glad to make the trip to Indy!

I don't have a solid date yet since we're still looking for a house in DC.  I'll be in Indy for the foreseeable future, at least through the end of the summer and probably until the end of the year.  So we have time to GTG!

image imageimage
  • image Mrs.C7:
    image caseyandlizzie:

::butting in:: When is this happening? We need to meet up for some tasty lunch or something before then. I'd be glad to make the trip to Indy!

I don't have a solid date yet since we're still looking for a house in DC.  I'll be in Indy for the foreseeable future, at least through the end of the summer and probably until the end of the year.  So we have time to GTG!

Okay, good! This needs to happen!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image Mrs.C7:

I know!  It's complicated but the short story is DH got a promotion at his agency (yay!) which requires him to be in DC so we're moving back. Unfortunately, I have financial obligations to my company so I'm staying in Indy until the end of the year with Emma while DH flies back and forth (boo). My job won't give me enough flexibility to split cities so I'll need to find another job (boo x2). I like my job a lot but obviously family comes first.

Sigh. Being a dual career family sucks sometimes.

Crazy!  Even though it sucks to quit your job, you really missed being in DC, didn't you?  Hopefully it will all work out!  I totally know what you mean on the two careers - unfortunately it's so hard to not have one get in the way of the other at some point.  Sounds like you are doing the right thing though!

Good luck!

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage