Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Big, Fun GTKY Post

13»

Re: Big, Fun GTKY Post

• image brittk0486:
    image sfgiantsjoWed214120:

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  This guy from Florida Georgia Line: image

OMG, that guy is hot! I like their songs that I've heard!

RIGHT?!?!? I bought the CD (an actual CD, ha), and I had NO idea. Since then I've been a bit obsessed. He has that one sided lip curl thing down. Gah, he's delicious.

• MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

Where do you live? Indy, soon to be moving back to DC

What do you do during the day? Lawyer for Big Pharma

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? 8 mo. human baby named Emma. No fur babies yet.

What were you doing 10 years ago? Graduating college. Just started dating my future husband.

Do you use a Mac or a PC? Apple at home. PC at work.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? The Saddle Club series.  Also Where The Red Fern Grows.

What is something you love about where you currently live? Extremely family friendly.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names?  Rosa, Lydia, and Bill (all Americanized names)

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? Paying off my company so I can move to DC.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Jonathan Brandis Embarrassed

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  Prince Harry

image imageimage
  • Where do you live? South Carolina!

What do you do during the day? Cook and clean at home and have classes at night. I'm a graduate student and have only just begun clinical stuff.

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? Yep! One cat. Her name is technically Diamond, named by H's sister when she was five. We call her Baby Kitty because that is all she will answer to. She was born sometime in July 2007. We found her that August in a grocery store parking lot.

What were you doing 10 years ago? Ha. I was getting ready to go into high school. So I basically was walking around thinking I was the coolest person ever.

Do you use a Mac or a PC? PC

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I was really getting into mysteries and thrillers, so probably something by either James Patterson or Tami Hoag.

What is something you love about where you currently live? Most of my family is here. And it's a short drive from the mountains or the beach.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Suzanne and John.

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? An adorable bag that I could use in the clinic. And I also want contacts.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Orlando Bloom and Ryan Gosling. Haha.

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please. Hopefully this works. I watch the show Supernatural, this is Jensen Ackles, who plays Dean Winchester.

ETA: I can't work the picture thing. Here's the link http://jesyoung.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/dean.png

• Where do you live? In the Twin Cities area of Minnesota

What do you do during the day? I work in IT for a health care provider.

Do you have fur babies? 3 Bengal cats - Hunter, Halia, and Aspen

Human babies? Names/ages? Nope.

What were you doing 10 years ago? I was going to school at Iowa State University, and living in a house with my 7 best friends.

Do you use a Mac or a PC? PC, although I would love a Mac.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I read and reread Jurassic Park and The Stand until their covers fell off.

What is something you love about where you currently live? This is hard for me. Currently I hate everything about Minnesota, and I'm trying to get B to let us move far, far away. I guess one nice thing is that we have water everywhere it seems (but at this point, I would prefer the ocean).

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Richie and Roma, Vernon and Mabel. I also had a step-grandpa named Loren, but he went by Doc.

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? I want to buy another Croc flatiron. I have the 1.5", but I cut my hair shorter, and now I also want a 1".

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Devon Sawa. I watched Little Giants and Now and Then all the time!

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please. Ryan Gosling.

image.
  • Where do you live? Sacramento, CA

What do you do during the day? Sleep or housekeeping/chore-type stuff (I work night shift).

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? Two fur babies (Sadie and GiGi) with a human baby on the way :)

What were you doing 10 years ago? Going to school full time for nursing prerequisites (sp?) and working as an LVN at a nursing home

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? Hmmmm.... I'm going to have to think about that one.

What is something you love about where you currently live? That fact that we can visit the mountains and snow or the beach and sunshine in the same day if I wanted too!

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Virginia, Bill, Julien, Alice, Gene and William (there are a few step-grandparents thrown in there too).

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? A spendy crib.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? James Dean and Joaquin Phoenix from his Inventing the Abbotts days :: sigh::

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  

Michael Fassbender has held my interest for a bit now... 

image image Anniversary image my read shelf:
    Rebecca's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Where do you live? Just outside of Chicago

What do you do during the day? I do graphic design/random tasks for my dad's company, 2 days a week I "work" at home with DD.

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? 1 Human - Brynn Gracelyn Will be 3yo 1 month from today. 2 dogs - Norwegian Elkhounds - Smokey and Gus ages 8 and 5

What were you doing 10 years ago? I just graduated from Interior Design college and was working in Marshall Field's Design studio, dating a guy that lived 12 hours away in GA and having fun going out with friends all.the.time.

Do you use a Mac or a PC? Mac

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I would have to say probably RL Stein books.

What is something you love about where you currently live? Our closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away.  

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? John & Elsa and Paul & Marian

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? Nothing. We can't afford any splurges right now so I'm just not looking. 

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? JC Chaze from NSYNC. 

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  Johnny Depp - always Johnny Depp. No idea how to post pics from a MAC.

• Where do you live?  Austin, TX.

What do you do during the day?  I am in school full time getting my bachelors. 

Do you have fur babies? 2 dogs. A yorkie and a Coton.  Human babies? No, not yet. I am very very infertile. 

What were you doing 10 years ago?  Having the best time of my life with my girlfriends. Generally being a stupid, reckless, and wild 19 year old. I managed a store and my hours were 1-10, so I'd get to sleep in, work, and then drink/dance all night. It was fun!

Do you use a Mac or a PC? MAC forever!

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school?Matilda has always been my favorite childhood book. I must have read it 700 times. I also really liked the Making Out series by Katherine Applegate, and A Time for Dancing.

What is something you love about where you currently live?  You won't find a cooler city, with nicer or more hospitable people and better food. Austin is an amazing place to live if you're a foodie. It also doesn't hurt that it's beautiful and sunny 300 days out of the year.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names?  Carol, Mari Carmen, Rick, and Tomas.

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now?  I am obsessed with Michael Kors bags, and I have my eye on a striped handbag. Also, a little bow dress by Kate Spade.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob?  JTT! I was so in love with Jonathan Taylor Thomas. I slept with his picture, never missed an episode of home improvement, and was a member of his fan club. 

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please. There will never be anyone that does what this man does to me. (Sorry husband!) Chris Hemsworth is a close 2nd, and I will watch every crappy movie he's in.

Our TTC Journey

8/06 - Start dating DH 10/09 - Engaged! 08/10 - Married!

3/11 - TTC begins. Me: 27 DH: 34

8/11 - Me: Stage IV Endometriosis DH: Perfect!

9/11 - 1st RE appt & HSG: Tubes are clear!

10/11 - Surgery: Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy. Only option of conceiving is IUI/IVF

IUI #1 & #2-BFN IVF #1: 2 Grade 1 embryos. BFFN.

Pursuing domestic infant adoption & my heart is full with possibility!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/afg1g5.jpg[/IMG]

<A href=http://ourstoryreadslove.blogspot.com//>My Blog</A>
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer

Where do you live?  In PA, near Williamsport. 

What do you do during the day? I work in a group home with developmentally/mentally disabled adults. 

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? None.

What were you doing 10 years ago? I was still in high school.

Do you use a Mac or a PC? I use to have a Mac, then it died. :( Now I use DH's old pc.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I remember loving The Diary of Anne Frank.

What is something you love about where you currently live? We're close to Williamsport, which is nice because there's usually something going on there, but we also live in a rural area.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Maternal - Ida and Forrest Jr.(We call him Jr)  Fraternal - Josephine and Frank (But everyone calls him Chick)

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? Nothing. I'm too poor to dream.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? JTT

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  I don't really have one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image jackiback:

Where do you live? near Birmingham, AL

What do you do during the day? I'm an admitting clerk in a hospital.  I register patients who are having outpatient surgery.

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? A German Shephard named Duchess.  She's 7 years old.

What were you doing 10 years ago? Nothing significant, however 10 years ago this November was when I met my husband. :)

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school?  The Babysitters Club books

What is something you love about where you currently live? The peacefulness that is living in the country.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names?  Mom's parents: George and Elizabeth.  Dad's parents: Curtis and Gena

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now?  Well, right now I am looking for a nice dress to wear to two weddings that are coming up.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? NKOTB

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please. Joe Manganiello and Luke Bryan

Siggy coming soon....
  • kayashkayash member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Where do you live? IL

What do you do during the day? work ;P

Do you have fur babies - Names/ages? dog, Grux (he's 5)

What were you doing 10 years ago? high school

Do you use a Mac or a PC? Mac

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I honestly don't remember

What is something you love about where you currently live? Not a damn thing

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Martha/Robert, Marilyn/Robert

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? nothing really

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Leo or JTT

Justin Wilson (indy car driver) image

Isaac Marion image

image Visit The Nest! image
  • Where do you live?

At the happiest place on earth! Ok not really but pretty darn close.

What do you do during the day?

I work for a small office for a non profit organization.

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages?

None of the above. We are saving up and paying off bills before we start adopting either kind.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was working for Kinkos, most likely the Grave Yard Shift, Going to school, dating no one, and living at home.

Do you use a Mac or a PC?

PC

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school?

Middle School was my Sherlock phase. 

What is something you love about where you currently live?

The neighborhood I live in is in the original part of the city and every house is different and shows the stages of growth in the city. There is a part of the side walk on one street that has the name of the street pressed into the cement. Most of those have been paved over everywhere else or dug up and tossed. Little flashes of history make me smile.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names?

On my dad's side Roberta and Kennieth but everyone calls him Alan.

On my mom's side IW and Veda but to be honest I had to check on that as they died when I was young and my mom never talks about them. 

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now?

Oh I would love to get a pair of comfortable jeans. I don't have a pair that is suitable to wear in public or is the correct size. 

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob?

I was never a big teen heartthrob person, but as a teen I was googly eyed over Neil Patrick Harris and Wil Wheaton.

NPHWW

I would have to say the ones I had a crush on last were Zachery Quinto, Zachary Levi, and Jason Segel. I really haven't been paying that much attention lately.

ZQZLJS
    Anniversary
  • fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

Where do you live? On an Island in Northern Ontario

What do you do during the day? Work admitting/switchboard at a hospital

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? Remy is the light of my life. She is a year and a half. We have a human baby boy on the way to torture Remy and kick the soccer ball for her. He is -2 months old.

What were you doing 10 years ago? I was just starting to date J and finish up college.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? All of them. I actually read all the novels in the school library in Grade 7.

What is something you love about where you currently live? It's tropical weather compared to the rest of the province at times. Oh and the rednecks. Gotta love them.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Robert James and Ruth Winnifred,  Orlow James and Jean Marie

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? Umm, not too sure. I just bought a new pair of yoga pants to put in my hospital bag though. That was a splurge for me.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob?  Heath Ledger

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  image

• Where do you live? Morgantown, WV

What do you do during the day? My husband and I are both full time doctoral students at WVU (getting doctorates in music if you are curious)

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? No human babies (yet!) but *plenty* of furbabies....4 cats (Wicket 12, Chewie 12, Elijah 4, Clare 3) and 1 horse (Rocket 19).

What were you doing 10 years ago? Oo...10 years ago I was in my freshman year of undergrad at Penn State! WE ARE!!!!

Do you use a Mac or a PC? Funny you should ask.... I used to be a staunch supporter of PC's however after watching me go through 3 PCs in the time my husband had 1 mac I recently made the switch and got a MacBook Pro a few months ago.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? Honestly....Count of Monte Cristo (read it in 8th grade in english class but was sad to learn it was the abridged version so I instantly went out and bought/read the unabriged version).

What is something you love about where you currently live? How close we are to my parents and my horse

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Unfortunately they all died before I was born (with the exception of 1 who lived until I was 5 or 6) but I imagine I would have just called them "Grandpa and Grandma Morrow" and "Grandpa and Grandma Boyd"

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? A new case for my viola

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Hmm either Leonardo DiCaprio or Vin Diesel

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  Sadly none...I don't really follow pop culture that much

• Where do you live? Chicago

What do you do during the day? Drama/English teacher (hs)

Do you have fur babies? Weber (black lab mix, 8 years old)

What were you doing 10 years ago? Moving to Chicago to work with the new tour of The Lion King... actually by now the job was just about over.  I think we opened in May.

Do you use a Mac or a PC?  I am more comfortable with pc, but I've been using DH's hand-me-down mac for the last two years.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I was big into The Cat Who... series by Lillian Jackson Braun

What is something you love about where you currently live? lots and lots of delivery options for dinner

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Ellen and Lee, Fran and Bill

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? no splurging... saving for a house...

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Jerry O'Connell (Sliders)

Who is your current celebrity crush? David Tennant, Nathan Fillion

• Where do you live?  Falls Church, VA.  I'm 5 miles outside of DC.

What do you do during the day? Work.  I'm an environmental planner for a government contracting firm.  Right now I'm working on projects for 3 different agencies - I'm not specialized like most.

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages?  I do!  Janka and River are my pups, they are 12 and are old, cranky ladies.  They don't have fur, but I also have 2 leopard geckos and 2 aquariums.  My human babies are So (5 today!) and Claire (2).

What were you doing 10 years ago?  I was just starting grad school after a couple years break from college.  MH and I were living together and getting ready to buy our first place.

Do you use a Mac or a PC?  PC.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school?  I can't remember if it was middle school or late elementary, but I was really into Cynthia Voight books for a long time.  I would also steal my grandmother's Harlequins and devour them in hours.

What is something you love about where you currently live?  The accessibility.  I don't drive much, and MH and I got by with no or 1 car for years.  I live about a half mile from a metro station, and there's a bus stop a block away.

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Harold Leslie and Iola Alice, and Smith and Amanda

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now?  Isn't there always something?  I really want that signed box set of JG hardcovers on Amazon.  I would also like to take the girls to Disney before school starts.

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob?  Johnny Depp.

RDJ

• Where do you live? Tacoma, WA 

What do you do during the day? Work, although right now I'd like to be sleeping 

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? Anxiously awaiting our first, due in October!

What were you doing 10 years ago? Law school. Lord, I'm getting old.

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? A Wrinkle in Time

What is something you love about where you currently live? The summer and outdoor activities 

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Ena and Rockfeller/Violet and Emile

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? At this point, all splurges are baby related...a BOB stroller 

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? This is so embarrassing. Kirk Cameron, gahhh!

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  Can I answer this question once I have the baby? This might be weird, but I cannot muster the strength to find anyone attractive lately. My sweet sweet husband is a patient man.

BabyFruit Ticker

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Ingrid has read 44 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide

• image 84Lauren:
    What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? A cleaning lady.  I'm seriously considering it.

I cannot recommend this enough. I work FT and am having a tough pregnancy, and my husband works and goes to school FT. We live in a decent size apt, but cleaning is just not a priority right now. We agreed to cut back on a few things to make biweekly cleanings a possibility. Best. Decision. Ever.

BabyFruit Ticker

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Ingrid has read 44 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide

• SkeezonSkeezon member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Dang. Am I the only one in the dirty south?
    I write sexy books. I read all the books. I love dresses & macarons.

image image image 
    image image image
  • Where do you live? CT

What do you do during the day? work

Do you have fur babies? Human babies? Names/ages? twin on the way

What were you doing 10 years ago? I was a Sophomore in HS

What was your favorite book when you were in middle school? I didn't read much

What is something you love about where you currently live? Um not much but family is close??

What are your grandmas & grandpas names? Bob & Claire and Bob & Helen

What is a splurge that you have your eye on now? I don't know, all I have been thinking about are baby things lately

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? JC Chase

Who is your current celebrity crush? Pics please.  Channing Tatum!!!

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image Mrs.C7:

Who was your favorite teen heartthrob? Jonathan Brandis Embarrassed

I totally forgot about Jonathan Brandis, he was a total cutie!

my read shelf:
    Jenn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)