Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WTF and Open Letters Wednesday

Dear Self,

Stop feeling guilty about buying stuff for yourself.  I know it's been a hard year or so, but you're back on your feet and there's been stuff you've put aside due to no money.  Now enjoy your new phone, and stop feeling guilty!

Love,

Me

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WTF and Open Letters Wednesday

• Dear Universe:

Please get H back to work soon. I know it's only day 2 but I can already tell that he's getting upset about it.

Signed,

Will Never Get Used to Being a Union Wife

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image amcourt09:

Dear Universe:

Please get H back to work soon. I know it's only day 2 but I can already tell that he's getting upset about it.

Signed,

Will Never Get Use to Being a Union Wife

Hugs!  I don't know how my parents did this all the time (dad = union carpenter).  Do they have a time frame on when work will pick up?  After 2 weeks, he can file unemployment right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image mana8503:
    image amcourt09:

Dear Universe:

Signed,

Hugs!  I don't know how my parents did this all the time (dad = union carpenter).  Do they have a time frame on when work will pick up?  After 2 weeks, he can file unemployment right?

Thanks! He can apply for unemployment the first full week of being laid off so this week it starts. We're fine financially. It's something that happens with his line of work so we're prepared for it but it still sucks. I know it gets to him when he's unemployed for too long so it's hard to see him so upset about it. There's no time frame as to when he'll go back and that's the hardest thing about this. I hate not having control over it.

• Dear Mom,

Please stop calling on Tuesdays asking what I am doing on Saturday. I know it's going to be 90 and I know you have a pool. If we get bored we will come up. We've been at your house almost every weekend for the last two months. Give me a break please.

Love,
    Your smothered daughter
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • image amcourt09:
    image mana8503:
    image amcourt09:

Dear Universe:

Signed,

Thanks! He can apply for unemployment the first full week of being laid off so this week it starts. We're fine financially. It's something that happens with his line of work so we're prepared for it but it still sucks. I know it gets to him when he's unemployed for too long so it's hard to see him so upset about it. There's no time frame as to when he'll go back and that's the hardest thing about this. I hate not having control over it.

That stinks. Greg was laid off back in November for three weeks. I know what you mean with them feeling like crap over it. Hugs to you guys.
  • image PhilaPhan:
    [ That stinks. Greg was laid off back in November for three weeks. I know what you mean with them feeling like crap over it. Hugs to you guys.

What does Greg do?

• ditdot4ditdot4 member
    First Anniversary
    image amcourt09:

Dear Universe:

Signed,

Will Never Get Used to Being a Union Wife

Ugh. Sorry to hear about this! My father-in-law is often laid off due to being a union pipe fitter so I know what you mean. Hopefully he can get back to work soon! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image amcourt09:
    image mana8503:
    image amcourt09:

Dear Universe:

Signed,

Yea, I remember my dad getting antsy after a week or so. Summer was a slow season, and he had a garden to keep him going.  If it was winter, gosh he'd be a bear!  The company he worked for was owned by distant family, so he usually had an inside scoop on when the next job was starting, it helped.  Sorry you don't have that. 

• image amcourt09:

image PhilaPhan:
    [
    That stinks. Greg was laid off back in November for three weeks. I know what you mean with them feeling like crap over it. Hugs to you guys.

What does Greg do?

He works for a construction company as a heavy equipment operator and foreman depending on the job site. In the summer it's non stop work, but in the winter we have to prepare that the work may slow up and it may end up being a week or two before the next job starts up after the previous one ends.
  • s517s517 member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

Dear House,

Can you stop leaking!? We just fixed L's tub, L's toilet, the powder room toilet, the dishwasher, the refrigerator, and the dryer vent. NOW our shower starts leaking!? And the basement is smelly moldy?! WTF. Do you not realize that I am going to have 4 extra people staying at my house this weekend, 80 people for a party in June, and then give birth to a creature? Ain't nobody got time for this.

Thanks

Steph

• image queensteph17:

Dear House,

Can you stop leaking!? We just fixed L's tub, L's toilet, the powder room toilet, the dishwasher, the refrigerator, and the dryer vent. NOW our shower starts leaking!? And the basement is smelly moldy?! WTF. Do you not realize that I am going to have 4 extra people staying at my house this weekend, 80 people for a party in June, and then give birth to a creature? Ain't nobody got time for this.

Thanks

Steph

I LOLed at "give birth to a creature"...it's coming so fast! I feel like you just told us you were pregnant again.

• Dear Mother Nature,

Couldn't you of waited a few more days to get hot & humid??  I had graduation for my preschoolers on a room that went to 79 b/c the air conditioning couldn't keep up!  Thought I would faint.