Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

moving...inlaws are following us.

2»

Re: moving...inlaws are following us.

• OP, I don't know if you're still reading these, but I think people were a little hard on you. The main issue seems to me to be that your DH and his family made this decision without you, and that's not okay. Yes, offering to help is great, if you and your DH both agree that it's needed and comfortable. Telling you they're coming along after they already arranged it with your DH is not cool, and I get why you'd be upset. And maybe you don't want to breastfeed and recuperate around 9 of your inlaws. Totally understand!

i moved across the country with my DH and son when my son was 12 months and still breastfeeding every 2 hours. DH wanted to drive, but we hired movers to pack and unpack. They're cheap, they do it for a living, it was quick, and they were gone. We also agreed that me and DS would fly using our points. We met DH the day he got to our new place. The big stuff was moved in (by the movers), and we unpacked gradually during DS's naps and in the evening. It's really not that hard.

i hope you sorted this out, and take care of yourself! Do what's best for you and your baby, you two will be the most tired and vulnerable. Best of luck. 

• Damn, that sounds like something my FIL's would do. If my fiance and I even make it to our wedding next year, I will be amazed. It seems they are hell-bent on breaking us up by then. At least your IL's seem to like you. You may need to sit down with them and express your concern that you might need some alone time to be a new mom and new dad and bond with your child before everyone visits. Yipes. I feel for you girl! Sending you good vibes. . .