Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

eff my life

So my plumbing issues- the plumber came today to look at L's tub. $565 JUST for the tub. Now H wants to cut pipes and try to fix it himself. This is going to be a total disaster. I might need a place to stay for a few weeks- anyone want compnay? :)

Re: eff my life

• OMG!  That sound like something my DH  would want to do. 

How are things going with your diet for the diabetes?

• s517s517 member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

So I got home and he was cutting pipes. Apparently the plumber was super nice and showed him what to do. It seems to be going well so far but there is still plenty of time for it to go very very wrong.

Oh the diabetes- I think I was misdiagnosed. I am supposed to take my sugars 4 times a day, and after over a week I have yet to have one high reading. After meals it?s supposed to be under 120. After my birthday dinner and cake it was 103- wtf. I have stopped taking my sugar after breakfast and lunch, not because I think GD is bs, but because I know my body and my eating habits and I know that my sugars are not skyrocketing after eating my normal breakfast and lunch.

I have to fax in my chart on Mondays. This Tuesday the woman who looks at the numbers called to get some general info that she didn?t have and I expressed my surprise and concern. She seemed surprised that I was diagnosed with only ? high number on my 3hr test. She said I should talk to my OB about my sugars and see what they think- she made it sound like she thought my nurse practitioner didn?t know what she was talking about, even though I trust her completely- she recommended I ask to speak to one of the actual doctors in the office, but I kind of think that?s insulting to my nurse practitioner, who  obviously follows the same regulations as the doctors . She said if they want me to keep monitoring that after 3 weeks of low numbers she will let me go down to 2 times a day?even though I already did- whoops. If I have to keep being monitored (bc I?m high risk, lol) she said I have to meet with another Dr. and discuss the diabetes- it?s just silly.

So I go back to my regular ob on Weds and I will ask about my sugars and my diagnosis. For now I?m just eating regularly with a few less carbs and upping my protein (which is a diet change I should have made anyway!) and just not really worrying about it. If it becomes a problem and my sugars start getting higher I can start following the diet, but for now?well?I?m good!

• s517s517 member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Oh Em Gee- he fixed it. He actually fixed it. It was $65 for the plumber to come out today, $40 at Home Depot, and a skilled hubster- but that's much better than $600 for the plumber to do it!!!! YAH!!

• image queensteph17:
    Oh Em Gee he fixed it. He actually fixed it. It was 65 for the plumber to come out today, 40 at Home Depot, and a skilled hubster but that's much better than 600 for the plumber to do it!!!! YAH!!

That is awesome! I'm always so scared whenever DH tries to fix anything. Glad it worked out!
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • he fixed it!! YAY good for him! can he come to my house the next time I have a plumbing issue because that is not Ben's strong suit?

• oh and about the GD I'm glad your sugars aren't high and that there really doesn't seem to be an issue! good news.
  • Hey this post turned out pretty good!  Glad you got it fixed for less, and your sugars are ok!
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mrsskizmrsskiz member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

That is sweet! We have done tons of work at home and saved so much money. 

Im the one that fixes everything in our house. From pipes, to replacing car parts, to hanging pictures to putting things together. DH's hands are too big and clumsy for most projects. I keep him around to move heavy stuff and open my jars.

• image queensteph17:
    Oh Em Gee- he fixed it. He actually fixed it. It was $65 for the plumber to come out today, $40 at Home Depot, and a skilled hubster- but that's much better than $600 for the plumber to do it!!!! YAH!!

That's awesome! I'm always so nervous about H doing things around the house but I find I underestimate him! 

• image queensteph17:

LOL...he is really starting to prove himself to be pretty handy Wink