Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

crafty ladies..

So I want to make something like this

http://unschoolme.blogspot.com/2011/02/making-magic-windows.html#!/2011/02/making-magic-windows.html

for H's party. However, I don't want to use tissue paper bc they'll be outside and I'm afraid it's too flimsy. Any other ideas? I was thinking about using cardstock but I'm not really sure how to make it look like it has nice cuts without folding it all up. I know they make big hole punches, but I feel like it would take $100 of them to get the right things..kwim?

Re: crafty ladies..

• What about scrapbooking paper?  It's not as flimsy as tissue, but not as thick as cardstock.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • what about using fabric?

• I'm no help but thats super cool!
  • I was going to mention fabric as well. Or maybe get a bunch of different plastic table cloths from the dollar store. I don't know how well they would cut though.
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • s517s517 member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

image PhilaPhan:
    I was going to mention fabric as well. Or maybe get a bunch of different plastic table cloths from the dollar store. I don't know how well they would cut though.

Thanks for the suggestions! I had thought of table cloths, but I'm afraid they might be too flimsy and just blow and tangle. Maybe I'll go with fabric- that way I can flatten out any crinkles and I can probably get the colors I want. I kind of want to do a lot of them, so I've got to get started!

• image queensteph17:

image PhilaPhan:
    I was going to mention fabric as well. Or maybe get a bunch of different plastic table cloths from the dollar store. I don't know how well they would cut though.

Thanks for the suggestions! I had thought of table cloths, but I'm afraid they might be too flimsy and just blow and tangle. Maybe I'll go with fabric- that way I can flatten out any crinkles and I can probably get the colors I want. I kind of want to do a lot of them, so I've got to get started!

I have a very crafty coworker and she suggested fabric. Also, that you can use fabric glue to attached it to the string.