Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confessions?

Let's start by confessing where you are all hiding...come out, come out!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Confessions?

• My confession is that I took a "me" day off today. I have a doctors appt at 3 and have days if I don't use Im going to lose so after the suggestion of my boss took the whole day. I swore I was going to finally attack my mess of a closet...however I sat around in my pjs watching trashy reality shows...opps! I did get a huge pile of laundry organized so at least I wasn't a totally load. 
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • My confession is not really a "confession" in the fun sense. But we are FINALLY starting the process to buy a house. I feel like this is 8938093093 years overdue.

• Sitting at my desk, bored out of my mind and mindlessly surfing the internet.  Lucky you, Melissa!  Enjoy this great weather!  Hope you had a nice week end at the shore!
  • Congrats, Jess!  Great time to buy.  What area?  And, it is a stressful and exciting time!
  • SJU1982SJU1982 member
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper

image jessica0602:
    My confession is not really a "confession" in the fun sense. But we are FINALLY starting the process to buy a house. I feel like this is 8938093093 years overdue.

Congrats! And try not to stress out too much...it should be fun Big Smile.

My confession is more like a first world problem.  We booked our annual vacation, and this year it's Italy.  This is after going to Scotland last fall. Don't get me wrong; these are some great trips, but they are stressful...planning itinteraies, coordinating travel from one city to the next, changing hotel rooms every couple of days.

We are trying to squeeze in the mega trips before we have kids, but I'd really like to kick back at an AI in Mexico.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• Confession: I knew you were all checking in on the page only to be disappointed that nothing had been posted because I've checked this page about 101 times today myself, only to be disappointed. 

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image cutiepie75:
    Sitting at my desk, bored out of my mind and mindlessly surfing the internet.  Lucky you, Melissa!  Enjoy this great weather!  Hope you had a nice week end at the shore!

If I were at work I would be doing the same thing...so slow right now. Thanks, it was okay...dont ever go to the boathouse that was all I will say on that topic. ha! 

• Not sure I have ever been in the Boathouse.  It is funny b/c your husband looks like a guy I went to high school with, but I am certain I am much older than you based on your pictures.
  • image cutiepie75:
    Not sure I have ever been in the Boathouse.  It is funny b/c your husband looks like a guy I went to high school with, but I am certain I am much older than you based on your pictures.

Well that pictures from 6 years ago haa ...my H is 32 

• mzovocemzovoce member
    Ancient Membership 10000 Comments Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm having a tummy tuck in 5 weeks. Not a full one, but I can't remember the fancy plastic surgeon speak. 
    [IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • Not really a confession b/c I don't feel guilty, but I'm going away by myself to a friend's house for the night on Saturday. She has an annual memorial day party, and I plan on drinking way too much. I'll be pumping and dumping! 
    My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • I feel like a total failure at breastfeeding. DS refused to latch from day 1. I consulted with LC's who simply told me he wanted "instant gratification" and didn't want to work for food so to speak. Low weight and high bilirubin issues forced us to start supplementing. I was pumping and able to give him breast milk in a bottle. He then began to latch with a shield. He never wanted to nurse for long though. I constantly tried to get him on the breast. On April fools day he latched without the shield. I was so happy. Long story short, once DH went back to work, I wasn't able to pump all the time. Eventually my supply tanked, my stash disappeared, DS no longer wants to latch again and he began to get all formula. I cry over this every day because I feel like I failed at this by not pumping like I should because the sudden demands of taking care of a family got in the way. I thought it would be so easy but no class or book ever prepared me for how hard it was. I thought you just put baby there and voila! My mom ebf all 3 of us well beyond our first birthdays and I wanted the same. I know the most important thing is taking care of my son and spending time with him, but I feel like maybe I could've tried to pump more and not let other things get in the way. He is a happy, healthy, chubby little guy and I know that is what matters most.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mzovocemzovoce member

Babe- please don't beat yourself up. I've often said breast feeding was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's like getting pregnant, and having an uneventful vaginal birth, we just think these things are going to happen and happen easily because they have for centuries. Instead of focusing on your perceived failure fICUs on the extra time you now have to spend with him. And if you have more kids you can try again.

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • image babe2331:
    I feel like a total failure at breastfeeding. DS refused to latch from day 1. I consulted with LC's who simply told me he wanted "instant gratification" and didn't want to work for food so to speak. Low weight and high bilirubin issues forced us to start supplementing. I was pumping and able to give him breast milk in a bottle. He then began to latch with a shield. He never wanted to nurse for long though. I constantly tried to get him on the breast. On April fools day he latched without the shield. I was so happy. Long story short, once DH went back to work, I wasn't able to pump all the time. Eventually my supply tanked, my stash disappeared, DS no longer wants to latch again and he began to get all formula. I cry over this every day because I feel like I failed at this by not pumping like I should because the sudden demands of taking care of a family got in the way. I thought it would be so easy but no class or book ever prepared me for how hard it was. I thought you just put baby there and voila! My mom ebf all 3 of us well beyond our first birthdays and I wanted the same. I know the most important thing is taking care of my son and spending time with him, but I feel like maybe I could've tried to pump more and not let other things get in the way. He is a happy, healthy, chubby little guy and I know that is what matters most.

I could have written this myself...I went through a similar thing with Oliver. He was on all formula by 8 weeks old and I beat myself up over it. It seriously took a year for me to forgive myself and realize that a happy mom = a happy baby!!! I grieved the breastfeeding experience. I would cry whenever I saw a mom breastfeeding, or if a mom passed me in the halls at work to go to the pump room. Please try to go easy on yourself and enjoy the healthy, happy baby that's in front of you! :)

Fast forward to Graeme 3 years later, and I've been exclusively pumping since day one and my supply is fine. It's a LOT of work to get enough each day, but I'm doing it. He also latched perfectly and breastfed for a few weeks after he was born (after his open heart surgery, he lost the ability to nurse...which is a whole different story). But, he's still getting my milk and I'm so happy. This is proof that so many factors go into breastfeeding success, and just because it doesn't work this time doesn't mean it won't work for you in the future.

My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • image mzovoce:
    I'm having a tummy tuck in 5 weeks. Not a full one, but I can't remember the fancy plastic surgeon speak. 

Did I miss the baby birth announcement? 

• mzovocemzovoce member
    image larrysdarling:

image mzovoce:

im having them at the same time. It's not a full tummy tuck but sounds a lot better than "fat apron removal". Cesction scheduled for 6/28 at 12:30 followed immediately by plastic surgery.

• image mzovoce:
    image larrysdarling:

image mzovoce:

im having them at the same time. It's not a full tummy tuck but sounds a lot better than "fat apron removal". Cesction scheduled for 6/28 at 12:30 followed immediately by plastic surgery.

Very interesting. How does that work with anesthesia?  Also, what happens if you go into labor on your own? Best of luck, btw!

• mzovocemzovoce member
    I have a little pipe dream tht I'll go into labor on my own and it will be quick and no time for a section and he'll pop out like a penguin down an iceberg. Murphy's law states that if I plan this everything will not go according to plan. I have no idea what will happen with the plastics if everything happens early.
  • image mzovoce:
    I have a little pipe dream tht I'll go into labor on my own and it will be quick and no time for a section and he'll pop out like a penguin down an iceberg. Murphy's law states that if I plan this everything will not go according to plan. I have no idea what will happen with the plastics if everything happens early.

i hope all goes according to plan.

i don't have much to confess. I'm on vacation in OBX with my guy and my daughter at the moment and it's delightful. I'm glad the semester is over and I got a nursing internship for the summer that starts in June. I'm enjoying a bit of down time til then. 

• Thanks ladies for making me feel better :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker