Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIAR: The Great Gatsby (ns)

I wasn't crazy about The Great Gatsby when I read it in high school, but I thought I'd think of it differently reading it as an adult now. Nope. I'm still not crazy about it. I can't put my finger on why I'm not liking it. It confuses me in some ways and seems a bit boring for me, too. I'm halfway through, so maybe something will happen to change my mind. I can't remember much from when I read it in high school.
View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

Re: WIAR: The Great Gatsby (ns)

• You're not alone. I read it in HS and then again about two years ago.  It didn't do much for me. 

That won't stop me from seeing the movie though.  I would love to see all the excess on film!

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I'm about 40% through it right now as well. Still not quite seeing the point...nothing is going on!
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • I never read it in HS, so I just read it for the first time a couple of years ago.  I gave it 4 stars, but re-reading my GR review, it looks like I enjoyed it more than that, though I did say that I feel like if I had read it in HS, I think I would've been bored out of my mind.  In my memory, I really loved it, and whenever I think about the book and the story now, I swoon a little, as though it was one of my favorites ever. Perhaps I need to reread.

I cannot wait to see this new movie.  It looks spectacular.

• You aren't the only one.  I didn't read in high school but I read it a year or two ago and it just didn't do it for me. I felt really bad because my friend lent it to me because it was her favorite book.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I just reread it for my book club that ended up not getting together. ::stares::

Trust me i wasn't loving it at all, I'm glad it was short. It was easier to read this time when I pictured Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby. 

Married 7/04 LO#1 9/13 LO#2 12/15
  • Funny, I remember liking it in high school. I was wondering if I would love it when I reread it because I'd have more maturity/understanding/years, etc.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • image SweetC80:

I just reread it for my book club that ended up not getting together. ::stares::

Trust me i wasn't loving it at all, I'm glad it was short. It was easier to read this time when I pictured Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby. 

Hey now!  Wink  I wanted to come, but didn't want the guilt trip of leaving DH home alone after he'd been away for 3 1/2 weeks.  :)

Then again, I still haven't started it and we were supposed to get together two days ago.  I WILL re-read this book!

My Chart
    My Goodreads Read Shelf

* After 22 months and 2 failed IUIs, we finally got our BFP *
    DS delivered naturally at 41w6d on 4/18/14
    * TTC #2  March 2015 *

• MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

image Passanie:
    Funny, I remember liking it in high school. I was wondering if I would love it when I reread it because I'd have more maturity/understanding/years, etc.

Ditto.

image imageimage