Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I think H is finally settled

So after the whirlwind of last year... I think H has settled on his civilian job!

Backstory: H got his CDLs in July after getting out of the Army, and got a dump truck job with a construction company.  Only they switched him after he went to orientation to water truck for a paving crew.  Soo instead of driving, H was more of a laborer that could drive the water truck as needed.  They were suppose to give him a job over the winter since he couldn't get unemployment, but no dice. 

That's when he got this job hauling groceries.  He was going to try it out, and see what happens when the first company calls in the spring.  Day 2 of new job, they annouced they were getting bought out.  At first we didn't know if the new company would take his military experience, but in the end they did.  HUGE turnover with the new company, so right now they are 40 drivers short.  H has been working 6 day weeks, which is really helping us get back on our feet from the last year.

He loves it, but said he would move if the first company gave him dump trucks and match what he's making now.  Well, they called this week and said they could only give him the paving job back.  So H said, no thanks. 

I'm kind of glad.  I don't think he really liked it, but he's so darn loyal it's hard for him to move around.  I feel a lot better with furloughs now that he's settled and I can budget using his average pays. 

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I think H is finally settled

• I'm so glad that hes settling in. He is such a hard worker, I feel like he has overcome so much in the past few months. 

BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 
    BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
  • That is so great! I'm so glad that things are starting to be less stressful for you both.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks girls!   He's used to working long hours/days, but at least now he's getting paid for it.  I think I did the hourly rate when he was towing and it ended up being like $2-3/hr.  And he was working 80+ hours!  He's working

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's great that he is doing so well. Big Smile