January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vent about Baby Shower/SIL

I can't believe my SIL had the nerve to ask my sister if her little girls (ages 5 and 10) could attend my shower. And I can't believe that my sister said yes. The shower is not a secret to me. I practically planned the entire thing and my SIL knows that. I was on the phone with her for an hour yesterday afternoon and I mentioned that she would be getting her shower invitation. She could have asked me then if the girls could come. Then I would have said "no, I'm sorry I perfer it to be an adult only event". But she didn't ask me. 20 minutes after our conversation she texted my sister! I'm assuming she did this because my sister's name is listed as the RSVP person.

Also, DH already made plans to take the girls and their brother to an Earth Day Festival on the same day as my shower. He told his sister this less than two weeks ago. She agreed that it sounded like a good idea. Now, all of a sudden she wants to take them to my shower instead.

I have to add that these girls are good girls, but there will be family there that hasn't seen them in a long time and they will make a fuss over them, especailly the five year old, who loves to be the center of attention. Also the five year old will want to help open my gifts, I can just see it now. My mom and sister think I'm being silly and I should have the girls, but I disagree because I just want the focus to be on me and the baby. Also, other people will wonder why their children were not invited.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image

Re: Vent about Baby Shower/SIL

• I am sorry Tara, I really like you, but I agree with your sister and mom.  If its going to cause more drama to not have them there, it might not be worth it.  Just my opinion though.

Good luck with everything.

• Thanks for wishing me luck. I just think that I should have the people I want at my shower and my sister-in-law does not need to get her way. My DH and MIL both agree with me. It's not like she doesn't have a place for her girls to go. DH offered to take

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • I don't see a problem with them going. We always have the girl kids in our family and even the baby boys go to showers. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Trust me every knows why they are there and it will not take attention away from y
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I understand where you are coming from. I didn't really want my SIL to bring her kids to my shower but I didn't want to make waves about it. I got lucky that she decided to leave them with her hubby. 

As she did ask and your sister said yes,

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that you need to let it go. In my families, kids always come to showers, and no one dotes over them. I know that your SIL can be a pain, and she probably asked your sister on purpose, because she knew that she would cave and you wouldn't. But you
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker