Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Heart Attack Averted

How the IRS doesnt literally kill people I will never know. I get a letter yesterday telling me I owe the IRS $250 from my 2009 taxes. That year I screwed up my taxes and left something out and had to amend them. After that point I owed money. But of course it wasnt until 2011 that they found that there was a problem at all. Whatever, I paid the money, moved on. Then I get this letter yesterday. WTF???

Evidentally there was a problem with the system and it never closed my actual account and kicked me out a bill for late fees and penelties. I almost threw up. It was only $250, but after everything I went through and the total I had to pay out after the screw up was discovered, I was ready to just die. I thought the drama was totally over. I even got a letter in the mail thanking me for my full payment.

I swear, if they do this to people and their bills are higher, its a shocking thing that people arent lining up to jump of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

Re: Heart Attack Averted

• I hate dealing with the IRS. I feel bad for people who are self employed and have to do everything themselves. 

BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 
    BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
  • Glad it's straightened out!  I know one time I got a 4K bill from MD because I filed from a MD address but the year before I lived in PA, and paid them the state taxes.  I just had to send my renters settlement to show when I moved.  It's a
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic