January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I AM SO BORED

blah!!!!!  My house is mostly clean.  I don't feel like doing pintrest crafts.  J is in the kitchen making fresh bread while listening to basketball.  I may have been on every website I can think of.

What are you up too?

Re: I AM SO BORED

• So bored! I should be cleaning but instead I am doing absolutely nothing. Just put baby to bed so now it is nice and quite.
  • You deserve some wine and facetime with your hunny.

• Unfortunately he is going to be at work until about 1am. Looks like you are suck with me. :) 

• * stuck

I always have the worst typos when on an iPad.  

• LOL I am fine with that.  I don't like typing on ipads.  I need a new computer but I just won't get one of those. 

I was so bored today that I went over to TK.  Lurked on some boards.  Referred 3 brides to your business. 

• You are amazing! Can I please give you a free haircut for the referrals? 

• It really does help! One of my destination brides from last oct came to me because of you!
  • lol all I do is type out your information.  You are the one with talent.  You are welcome to come up anytime you want. :)  I overall hate my hair.  Its very healthy but does absolutely nothing.

Do you like being in the wedding business?

• Marketing is the hardest part! If someone has talent but no one knows its useless. If I am in the area I will definitely let you know. If you come back to Denver let me know and you can just come by the salon. I know you we're at ikea a couple weeks ago... My house and salon are 5 mins away from there.

i love the wedding biz. It is so fun to be a part of such a special day. I am just afraid I am going to out grow my self. I need a salon of my own and teams that I can train and contract out. 

• That would be fun, but scary.  Tell me more about the business you want to look at but might be trouble.  pun intended.

I knew you were close to IKEA.  I always worry about contacting people when we get done there.  My co workers family must live in your name neighborhood cause she said that she is close to IKEA too.  

• You will have to google trouble salon. It looks nice but like I said the numbers do not add up. Rent is 5800 a month they have 9 stylist. 5 are booth rent and they pay 275 a week but that just barely covers the rent. I still need marketing, salon manager, retail and other small bills. Seems like 20k or less profit but who the heck can live off of that? No offense if that is anyone's salary here. 

• J and I lived off 13K last year and we made it work.  But it was SOOOO Stressful.  So it would be hard to go back to that lifestyle.  I would say that is one of my biggest fears right now as we start looking at putting an offer on a house-being poor again.

How is the house?  Our house that we like is no where near as nice as yours!!!  Your house is like our dream house. Wink

• Love the house but because of the house and car we are defiantly on a tight budget. Since David has been gone we are spending an arm and a leg in babysitting. I have been considering an au pair but don't know how we'll I'd adjust. 

Are you wanting to buy a house in that same area? 

• I just looked up trouble salon.  It looks really nice but I agree...I hate the name.

Ya I think so.  We both miss Denver, but I LOVE my job.  My job was made for me I feel like.  My principal basically gives me what I want/need to do my job.  I get to spend my time where I want.  She sends me to trainings. I am paid almost what I would get in Denver.  It sounds bad but I love with working with families in poverty, and 80% of my school is poverty.  75% of my time is spend working with SPED kiddos. My two passions are SPED and poverty, so like I said...its perfect for me.  There is drama but where wouldn't there be.  I just tell people (which might be why I am not real well liked) but anyways..." I am not here to make friends.  I have plenty back in MN.  I am here to help kids."  J likes his job.  He is mad that he makes nothing and says everyday that he is going to look around for another one.  But knowing him...he won't.

It just feels silly to give up something that we both love, just because the location isn't ideal. Know what I mean?

• Yes I know what you mean. That is really great that you care so much about the kids so many teachers don't. I talk to teachers all the time about corruption in schools. It is so sad.
  • I don't see too much corruption up here.  But there are tons of people with their own agendas, cattiness, and bullying.  Sad huh? Sometimes they are worse to my students.  BUT I think you just get through it by not engaging in it.  Keep your eye on the prize and it will be fine.  I am the type of person that likes to be needed.  I told my principal that once I fix all of the school's problems...I am out. Stick out tongue

On a clear day, we can still see the mountains. And it is nice to get out of town when we do go down to Denver.

• image aleigha85:

You will have to google trouble salon. It looks nice but like I said the numbers do not add up. Rent is 5800 a month they have 9 stylist. 5 are booth rent and they pay 275 a week but that just barely covers the rent. I still need marketing, salon manager, retail and other small bills. Seems like 20k or less profit but who the heck can live off of that? No offense if that is anyone's salary here. 

That is about my salary, but I agree, it is impossible to live off of.  Plus it is only for 9 months a year. Wouldn't be able to make it work without J's salary.

The part that makes me not want to be a teacher is all of the corruption out there. But I agree, if you love the job, it makes it worth it. 

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Jen,

I am insanemly jealous that you had time to be bored this weekend! I'm still running around like a mad woman. My big accomplishment for this weekend was vacuuming my kitchen/dining room. I was hoping I could get my living room vacuumed last night but that didn't happen... I had laundry to do.

Next time you're bored, be bored for me as well ok?

Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• I could live off of that salary but I should have made my point a little clearer. It is not worth 20k if you work all the time. Maybe at the salon 50 hours but when you get home you still have more to do. I would image any moment awake would be working. That is why it is not worth it! 
  • Oh absolutely. I should have added that I only work 22.5 hours a week. Absolutely not worth 50 hours.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker