January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moving Update/ Baby Shower

Our current lease does not run out until April 30th. I wanted to move into the new house early mostly because my baby shower is going to be at our house. My MIL (she's throwing it for me) and I settled on May 4th, so if we moved in the 1st of May it would be hard to get the house ready for guests in 3 days. Last night my MIL called me and asked if we could change the date of my shower to May 18th. I told her it would not be a problem. We are now going to push back moving in from April 12th to April 26th (the weekend before our lease for our current apartment is over). This way we won't have to pay the 1st month's rent and a prorated rent shortly after for moving in early. I am sad we won't be there sooner, but it is only 2 weeks. I know this is the smartest choice.

Daisypath - (aAP5)image image Lilypie - (ox0D)

Re: Moving Update/ Baby Shower

• It will be better not to pay more in rent than you have to. I was in that situation when we bought our house. Either stay in our apartment another month or run the risk of not getting our house on time. Of course our loan got rejected and we were practically homeless. Thank goodness the seller let us move in early and rent the house for 3 weeks. You never think moving would take so much planning, but everything has to line up. 
  • That sounds like a good plan!

My baby shower will be on April 21. My mom and I are going tomorrow to look at rooms at a very nice place.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • Congrats on getting the rental! Sounds like everything is working out for the best!
  • That is a bummer that you can't move in sooner but it does sound like the sensible plan.  And your shower won't be three days later so that definitely helps. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think in the long run this will be less stressful for you! I am glad that you have everything planned out.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker