January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Worried so going to OB

For the past few days I have been noticing that I am leaking a bit down there. I assumed it was just normal discharge or urine but today I began to worried that it could be amniotic fluid. Of course I google searched it and it made me even more worried, especially when I came across a story of a women who lost her baby at 27 weeks because she was leaking amniotic fluid and didn't know it until it was too late.

So I called my OB and I'm going to get checked out this afternoon. I think they can do a quick exam to tell if it's amniotic fluid or not. I really hope it's not because if it is I'll be put on bed rest and we are going on our vacation to Puerto Rico this coming week and I didn't buy trip insurance. (I know, silly me.) And of course, I hope all is okay with my baby girl!

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image

Re: Worried so going to OB

• Yikes!  T&Ps that everything is well and it's just a lot of discharge.  I know I've had periods of time during pregnancy where I had to change my panty liner a few times a day due to discharge.  But it's always worth it to get it checked out.  Several of the ladies on my mom board said there is a test you can do using litmus paper.  One of them is a teacher and got some litmus paper from a science teacher at her school.  If it turns a specific color it means it's amniotic fluid. Not sure if I'm spelling the name of the paper correctly or what color it should turn.  But if you know a science teacher, you could maybe do this too? 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image shellmaneth:

Yikes!  T&Ps that everything is well and it's just a lot of discharge.  I know I've had periods of time during pregnancy where I had to change my panty liner a few times a day due to discharge.  But it's always worth it to get it checked out.  Several of the ladies on my mom board said there is a test you can do using litmus paper.  One of them is a teacher and got some litmus paper from a science teacher at her school.  If it turns a specific color it means it's amniotic fluid. Not sure if I'm spelling the name of the paper correctly or what color it should turn.  But if you know a science teacher, you could maybe do this too? 

Well, I'm hoping my doctor will do an exam to make sure it's not amniotic fluid. I read that there is a test they can do with a swab. I hope I get my OB and not the mid-wife. She'll just brush it off like everything is fine.

• They have a test strip that will determine if it is aminotic fluid or not. If it makes you feel any better most days I feel like its a total swamp down there... eww I know. I think its just a combination of discharge, sweat, and the occasional bladder leak.

Have you smelled it? I know its gross but they say anminotic fluid has a bit of a sweet smell to it and obviously you'll know if it is urine.

I hope everything is ok for you and your baby girl!

Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• Hoping everything turned out okay for you and your baby girl! Lots of T and P's! 

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

• Thanks guys! The midwife did an exam. She used a swab and said that since the swab did not turn green it's not amnioic fluid. Yay! She also said it wasn't as much fluid as she usually sees. This is great news. I'm releaved.

• I'm so glad to hear everything turned out to be fine for you and your baby girl. I know how it is to be worried. I don't feel a lot of movement so when I heard Abigail's heartbeat Tuesday I was SO relieved.

Daisypath - (aAP5)image image Lilypie - (ox0D)

• i'm so glad everything is okay Tara! = ) 

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

• I am glad everything is ok!
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I'm glad everything's okay, Tara!
  • Thanks ladies, now let's just hope I passed my 3 hour glocuse test that I took on Saturday!

• Late checking back, but I'm so happy that everything was okay and you weren't leaking fluid.  Hopefully you passed your glucose test as well!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker