Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: ISLA cover! And new covers for ANNA and LOLA!

• I think they're gorgeous. And I think they make the books seem less twee, and will probably appeal to more readers.

Damn, now I'm going to have to buy those paperbacks.

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • New covers of favorite books sometimes make me sad because I want them aaaaalllll, but these really are gorgeous. 

I like that they match, but I sort of want them to make an Isla that matches the first two's first covers, if that makes sense.

I like when books don't have pictures of the characters on the cover so I can form my own opinion, so I think in that way these are pretty great.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• image jackiback:

New covers of favorite books sometimes make me sad because I want them aaaaalllll, but these really are gorgeous. 

I like that they match, but I sort of want them to make an Isla that matches the first two's first covers, if that makes sense.

I like when books don't have pictures of the characters on the cover so I can form my own opinion, so I think in that way these are pretty great.  

Agreed!

Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • image jackiback:

New covers of favorite books sometimes make me sad because I want them aaaaalllll, but these really are gorgeous. 

YES. I hate that I will have a non-matching set of hardbacks, and there is no way to get a matching set ever. Especially because the new covers for the first 2 are in pb. 

image image image
  • image jackiback:

This.  Because I have Anna and Lola hard copies signed by Stephanie Perkins.  I need Isla to match. 

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I wished Isla matched my other two books.  I'm going to have to buy these all over again.
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • image Young_Love:

I think they're gorgeous. And I think they make the books seem less twee, and will probably appeal to more readers.

Totally agree! :-)

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image jackiback:

Ditto all of this! 

Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • At first sight, I wasn't a fan.  I loved the cutesy covers of Anna and Lola.

But YL brings up a great point.  These covers will appeal to more readers...and I like that.

So...I'm a fan now.

Yeah...that entire process happened in less than 1 minute.

My Chart
    My Goodreads Read Shelf

* After 22 months and 2 failed IUIs, we finally got our BFP *
    DS delivered naturally at 41w6d on 4/18/14
    * TTC #2  March 2015 *

• Here comes the dissenter, lol. I prefer covers with people on them, and I'd hoped for an Isla cover in the same style as the first two. But YL is right in that these will probably entice more adults to pick up the books. It was likely a good marketing strategy, but I like the old covers better.

ETA: This reminds me of the new covers for the Across the Universe trilogy. I understand they want to appeal to a male demographic, but the original covers were so visually stunning--among my favorite of all time.

I wrote this! 
  • image taylormillgirl:

Here comes the dissenter, lol. I prefer covers with people on them, and I'd hoped for an Isla cover in the same style as the first two. But YL is right in that these will probably entice more adults to pick up the books. It was likely a good marketing strategy, but I like the old covers better.

ETA: This reminds me of the new covers for the Across the Universe trilogy. I understand they want to appeal to a male demographic, but the original covers were so visually stunning--among my favorite of all time.

I feel the same way. I don't love these. 

image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love them! I was just thinking about this the other day and did a search to see if they had been released. 

I agree about having an Isla that matches the other two though. It would be nice to have the matching set of hardcovers and a matching set of paperbacks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG. 

They are breathtaking.

I love them so much more than the originals!!!  

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image Lauren620:
    image jackiback:

This.  Because I have Anna and Lola hard copies signed by Stephanie Perkins.  I need Isla to match. 

I know. This makes me sad that they won't match.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I am convinced new covers for "old" books are aimed at OCD bookanistas like us who NEEEEEEED their books to match.

image imageimage
  • I think they'll definitely appeal to a wider audience with these new covers which is great!

But to be honest, book covers don't mean that much to me anymore.  10+ years ago when I would just browse in a book store or library they meant more.  But now, I just care about recommendations, synopses and ratings to choose a book.  If I buy a book, 90% of the time it's for my Kobo, so I never really see the cover anyway.

It's not to say that I don't enjoy/appreciate pretty cover art when I see it....  but it's not really a big deal.  It's the words inside that really matter to me.  :)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (sGpn)

• oh I love them!  now I am going to have to buy all three again!

~Lauren~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Read in 2011: 56/55

Read in 2012: 31/30

Read in 2013: 49/40

Read in 2014: 42/40

• The old covers were pretty terrible IMO so I like these a lot better.  BUT, I still want my set to match.  My OCD is warring with my dislike of the old covers! 
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Young_Love:

I think they're gorgeous. And I think they make the books seem less twee, and will probably appeal to more readers.

All of this. I love them!

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • I love them. I always thought the ones with the photographs looked juvenile. Plus, I just don't like photos as covers. I like imagining for myself what the characters look like and photos make that tougher.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • image cnthrdlywt2bwZ:
    image taylormillgirl:

Here comes the dissenter, lol. I prefer covers with people on them, and I'd hoped for an Isla cover in the same style as the first two. But YL is right in that these will probably entice more adults to pick up the books. It was likely a good marketing strategy, but I like the old covers better.

I feel the same way. I don't love these. 

I'm not a fan either.

I wish publishers would STOP redesigning covers before all the books of a known series have been published. Gawd, that bugs me!

Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93