Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OPK

Do they ever show a positive?! Does it matter if I got a bunch of cheap ones off Amazon? I've been testing daily in the AM, CM says fertile, OPKs differ.

Re: OPK

• I use the cheapies from amazon and they do show up +. 

OPKs are better without FMU sometimes. And if you are only testing in the morning, you might miss your surge. I usually test around 11am until I start getting almost  + ones. Then I start testing at least twice a day. Usually 11am and sometime around 7pm. 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/6/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• I've always got a + using Wondfo strips, I get them on Ebay and use seller a-to-z*direct 

I test in the evenings till i get close to my usual O time, then start testing twice, before i go to work in the morning and then test around 7 or 8pm.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/kaethe01/my-siggy_zps47a5c284.png[/img]
    ~*~TTC since April 2012~*~
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tkr080809]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/tkr080809/ttc.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • I felt like an idiot with the last batch I had because they were not showing a + for me even when I tested twice a day. I then realized that the processing time was 10 minutes, and not the 5 I was used to, and I probably pitched several + tests because of my reading fail.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I definitely get positives on the cheapies.  And it usually shows up within a minute or so.  OPKs are supposedly better used during the afternoon than with FMU, however, I've never had issues with FMU either.  Just keep testing.  It's possible your body is gearing up to O (hence the fertile CM) but it's just not quite happening yet.

Are you temping?

dx:  Unexplained IF (mild MFI)

TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN

IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP

C.J. born 01/09/15

image image
  • image LooneyLife:
    I definitely get positives on the cheapies.  And it usually shows up within a minute or so.  OPKs are supposedly better used during the afternoon than with FMU, however, I've never had issues with FMU either.  Just keep testing.  It's possible your body is gearing up to O (hence the fertile CM) but it's just not quite happening yet.

Are you temping?

I suck at temping at the same time every morning, is it ok to temp not in the AM but, say 6pm everyday?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

• image Ksahlberg:

image LooneyLife:
    I definitely get positives on the cheapies.  And it usually shows up within a minute or so.  OPKs are supposedly better used during the afternoon than with FMU, however, I've never had issues with FMU either.  Just keep testing.  It's possible your body is gearing up to O (hence the fertile CM) but it's just not quite happening yet.

Are you temping?

I suck at temping at the same time every morning, is it ok to temp not in the AM but, say 6pm everyday?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

Unless you are working nights where you sleep during the day and wake up after 3 solids hours of sleep at 6pm, that won't work. Temping with a BBT needs to be done after 3 solid hours of sleep.  

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/6/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Just started using OPKs (like 2 days ago). Last night was - (because I totally spaced on testing w/ FMU), but the line seemed pretty close to being +. This morning's was also -. I'm going to check again this evening.

My gyno said definitely use FMU, but many of the ladies here swear by evenings/twice a day. Based on my cycle lengths, I'm around mid-cycle now or will be in the next several days, so I'm trying to get a read as best I can. CM seems fairly clear right now, so I could be gearing up also, but not quite there to get a + result. 

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn