Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

You've got to be kidding me...

What's been your "you've got to be kidding me" moment so far this week?

Mine:

I got a text from the MIL this morning asking me to send her color samples for the nursery. I'm only 10 weeks. We've got time, relax!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: You've got to be kidding me...

• Awe, I think that's cute! She's just excited Big Smile.  After last year's events, it's nice to have something positive to look forward too.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• My entire life is one giant "you've got to be kidding me".

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • Getting checked out by multiple men at Dunkin Donuts this morning...I'm seven months pregnant, very obviously seven months pregnant.
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I have a muscle strain from a mother effin stupid 15 minute home work out dvd from one move that I probably just did wrong for the 30 seconds needed, heading to doc's soon but will probably need to take some time off of running which I am not happy about
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Every time we go to CHOP we have a "you've got to be kidding me" moment so I won't list them all.

But the latest...the hemotologist called me and said I have to go get blood drawn again because Quest didn't take enough and did the wrong tests on it. So we have to start over. Fabulous. 

My little nuggets

• image SJU1982:

Awe, I think that's cute! She's just excited Big Smile.  After last year's events, it's nice to have something positive to look forward too.

When you put it that way, I feel a bit bad. But I'm no where near even thinking about decorating a nursery and I'm still exhausted all the time. She's in FL for the next month, I'll happily meet up with her to look at stuff when she returns but I'm not sending her samples (that don't have and most likely never will have).

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're almost finished our taxes and we may owe several thousand. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. 

Unexplained IF ~ TTC #1 since August 2010

March: 50 mg Clomid + IUI: BFN

April: 50 mg Clomid + B2B IUIs: BFN

May: 50 mg Clomid + IUI: BFN

IVF August! Beta#1 232 Beta#2 672
    1st U/S 8/30: 1 perfect little bean!

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/m920zm.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14d4ab.aspx[/img][/url]
  • mine is that my MIL invited herself on a vacation that we haven't even planned yet.  DH and I were talking about going to the beach this summer and Disney "eventually" MIL said that we HAD to get a two room suite because she is coming with us.... UMMM NO
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I have many you got to be kidding me this week...not to be a debbie downer but I spent my weekend at PENN because my HR was 250 and had to get shocked out of it. 

The biggest you got to be kidding me is when I was in the ER waiting to be seen the people in there screaming all they want is some pain meds...meanwhile the doctor said if they didn't grab me when they did I wouldn't be writing this...something needs to be down with our health care.

Ok enough of my vent, lucky to be here :)  

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • image Kernel14:

Every time we go to CHOP we have a "you've got to be kidding me" moment so I won't list them all.

But the latest...the hemotologist called me and said I have to go get blood drawn again because Quest didn't take enough and did the wrong tests on it. So we have to start over. Fabulous. 

WTF It really pisses me off when people cannot do their jobs correctly

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • image MsKellDel:
    image Kernel14:

Every time we go to CHOP we have a "you've got to be kidding me" moment so I won't list them all.

Especially when someone's life (or lives) could depend on it.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • image MsKellDel:
    image Kernel14:

Right? I had a script with me. How was it not followed? 

My little nuggets

• image Kernel14:
    image MsKellDel:
    image Kernel14:

That's not cool. 

• image Kernel14:
    image MsKellDel:
    image Kernel14:

Because some people suck.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • I also have another one... it took me 2 hours to get to my hearing in the city this morning. I was running like an idiot once I parked and was a half hour late.  my hearing lasted 30 seconds and then I had to get back in the car to come to the office.
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image Kernel14:
    image MsKellDel:
    image Kernel14:

Quest is the mother of all YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING MEs.  May I suggest if you can to go to the Abington location on 611 near the Target.  They rock there.

My you've got to be kidding my is my little oven/dinner misadventure from Tuesday night.  I'm still pissed off about that.

• See my post below for mine. :)

but on a more lighthearted note, I stayed overnight at CHOP and I took a shower in the lovely shared bathroom. I realized i forgot my face lotion so I used body lotion instead....which made my face itchy and really red (& it was burts bees, nothing too irritating!). Then i went to get my makeup to cover it up and feel sort of human, and I realized i forgot my makeup bag at home.

So I've been walking around with a super red face all day, and people keep asking me if I'm ok. I'm obviously upset that I'm here at CHOP but I look way worse than I feel!

My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • Yikes Melissa!  Are you ok?  That is super scary stuff!

Kernal....that sucks!  I hate getting blood drawn, and am a big scaredy cat.  I have to get it done 4 or more times a year at a lab for medical reasons, and I always get it done at the hospital, they are way more skilled!

I have bronchitis, and feel like crap.  But compared to others here, this little thing isn't so bad :)

• Esyn..its too bad this isn't a chop day for us, I would totally bring you face wash. Sorry you forgot your makeup :/

I just went to buy a friend a gift card for a massage and fell in their doorway. There was a tiny metal lip on the teeny tiny step. I went down on my hands and knees and then the right side of my body. Thats fun. I guess I'll call the OB to make sure everything is ok? 

My little nuggets

• image Kernel14:

Esyn..its too bad this isn't a chop day for us, I would totally bring you face wash. Sorry you forgot your makeup :/

I just went to buy a friend a gift card for a massage and fell in their doorway. There was a tiny metal lip on the teeny tiny step. I went down on my hands and knees and then the right side of my body. Thats fun. I guess I'll call the OB to make sure everything is ok? 

oh, no fun!  I fell on the ice when I was pregnant with Tommy.  Everything was fine but it definitely scared me! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image Shannon1110:
    image Kernel14:

Esyn..its too bad this isn't a chop day for us, I would totally bring you face wash. Sorry you forgot your makeup :/

oh, no fun!  I fell on the ice when I was pregnant with Tommy.  Everything was fine but it definitely scared me! 

yeah my right side hurts..not my belly though..just my right side of my torso. They're still moving so I'll take that as a good sign. Just super damn annoying. 

My little nuggets

• image Melissa51212:

I have many you got to be kidding me this week...not to be a debbie downer but I spent my weekend at PENN because my HR was 250 and had to get shocked out of it. 

The biggest you got to be kidding me is when I was in the ER waiting to be seen the people in there screaming all they want is some pain meds...meanwhile the doctor said if they didn't grab me when they did I wouldn't be writing this...something needs to be down with our health care.

That's really scary! I'm glad you're okay and hope you're feeling better. 

• image NewQueen:
    image Melissa51212:

I have many you got to be kidding me this week...not to be a debbie downer but I spent my weekend at PENN because my HR was 250 and had to get shocked out of it. 

That's really scary! I'm glad you're okay and hope you're feeling better. 

Thank you, yes its just part of my congenital heart defect. I been very healthy and blessed so I guess I have to think of it that way. They can fix the problem with meds.

I see a bunch of you are CHOP moms, I was a frequent CHOP flyer up until they finally made a unit at PENN for us "big" kids. :) I miss CHOP, people are nicer ;) 

• image Kernel14:

Oh no!  Hope you and the babes are alright.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • image JenD1018:
    image Kernel14:

Oh no!  Hope you and the babes are alright.

going in at 3:10 to listen to heart beats. i'm over being pregnant. (but dont want to jinx myself. still want them to stay in until april) 

My little nuggets

• image Melissa51212:

Thank you, yes its just part of my congenital heart defect. I been very healthy and blessed so I guess I have to think of it that way. They can fix the problem with meds.

I see a bunch of you are CHOP moms, I was a frequent CHOP flyer up until they finally made a unit at PENN for us "big" kids. :) I miss CHOP, people are nicer ;) 

Glad you are ok. Do you mind if I ask what your heart defect is? I'm delivering at CHOP in April. 

My little nuggets

• image Kernel14:

image Melissa51212:

Glad you are ok. Do you mind if I ask what your heart defect is? I'm delivering at CHOP in April. 

transposition of the great arteries, I had my operation in 84', they have came a long way the things they do now are amazing! 

• Ugh, Kernal, that sucks about the blood draw and THEN falling!  Ahhh glad you (and babies) are okay!

And Melissa - so scary!  my goodness.

My "you've got to be kidding me" is - I gave what I thought was a fun assignment to wrap up my adjectives chapter...designing a menu for your own restaurant. They had to include descriptions of the restaurant and a minimum of 3 menu items.  They could use items that already exist (chicken parm, cheese steak, creme brulee, etc) but they had to come up with their own unique descriptions.  

Most of the kids had a lot of fun with it and did a fantastic job...but I had one student who turned his in late, claimed that half of the power point didn't save, and then his descriptions were all plagiarized from the Pillsbury website.  They had MORE than enough time to work on this in class.  I don't understand it.  And now he will receive a zero and probably be suspended.  What a foolish choice. 

• Mine was Tuesday night when Choo choo fell and took a header into one of the radiators and spilt the middle of his forehead open.  We had to go to the ER, luckily he didn't need stitches but what an ordeal.  Oh and mr. eagles was away, so Sam was with us too.  Fun times!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13