Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Can we just pause for a moment and....

So can we just pause for a moment and spend a little time praising the men in our lives?  I get that everyone has their relationship issues, but that is all I read on here.  Nothing of praise or love.  Just a lot of finger pointing and complaining.  And I get it, sometimes you just have to let loose and reach out for advise or just to vent, we have all been there, yes absolutely including me. I just think a lot of the time we lose sight of the important things and why we fell in love with our men in the first place.  Not to mention, valentines day is around the corner, we should be coming up with reasons on why we love them.  I'll start:

1. He can be silly and knows how to make me laugh at any moment.

2. When we lay together at night, we have these awesome conversations about any and everything as we hold each other right before falling asleep.

3. I can just be me around him, no frills, just me and I know that he loves me simply because of who I am

Birthday

Re: Can we just pause for a moment and....

• THANK YOU!

Yes, my husband is fantastic! I love him so much, he is one of the most thoughtful men that I have ever met in my life.

1) I hate laundry, you have no idea of the level of distain that I have for laundry. He shares the same level of dislike for it, however, he does all of our house hold laundry.

2) Once a week he brings me flowers. :)

3) He tells me that I have made him a better person just by being in his life.

I can go on, I am so blessed, he is my second husband. I was married once before to someone who was very difficult. I thank God everyday that he brought this man into my life.

• :-)

He's amazing. He does practically all the cooking and it's delicious. He cleans up extra when I have to work late. He's romantic and patient and adores me. Most of all, he wants to keep growing together and become even more awesome with me in the future! 

• Valentines Day is a reason we should be coming up with reasons for why we love our DHs? 
  • image doglove:
    Valentines Day is a reason we should be coming up with reasons for why we love our DHs? 

No not at all....you totally missed the point.  I did say that it happens to be around the corner, but that really had nothing to do with my post.  I just was reading through the relationship posts, and couldn't find anything positive...just wanted to add a little joy and happiness to the board is all.

Birthday
  • My husband is wonderful.  We have been married for 9 years now and have been through a lot including two job losses, a chronic disease and losing our first child when she was 4 months old.  He was my rock and my strength at a time I thought I was losing my mind to grief and anxiety.  He is loving, patient, kind, considerate, respectful, thoughtful, hardworking, loyal,  and trustworthy.  He is the reason why I tell my single friends and family ( and people on this site... all..the..time ) that good character is the most important quality to look for in a man.  A man that will stand by you in when you are going through what feels like a nightmare. 

Seeing him come home is the highlight of my day and he is a blessing to my life.  I thank God every day I had the good sense to marry him.

• image Crochetgal85:

image doglove:
    Valentines Day is a reason we should be coming up with reasons for why we love our DHs? 

No not at all....you totally missed the point.  I did say that it happens to be around the corner, but that really had nothing to do with my post.  I just was reading through the relationship posts, and couldn't find anything positive...just wanted to add a little joy and happiness to the board is all.

Well it's unfortunate yes, but people come here for advice and support. Typically people don't need advice or support if they are in healthy marriages. You know?  

• image doglove:
    image Crochetgal85:

image doglove:

Well it's unfortunate yes, but people come here for advice and support. Typically people don't need advice or support if they are in healthy marriages. You know?  

True, but they did marry their significant other for a reason...sometimes remembering those helps people put their relationship into perspective...and this board is called "relationships" not "I'm having problems".  A large part of a healthy relationship is praising your partner and talking them up.  Obviously you have nothing nice to say about your husband, otherwise you would have taken joy in the post and bragged about your husband like the other women who commented with joy.  Or possibly, you like other peoples problems and you relish in the drama of their lives feeling superior that your relationship doesn't share the same issues.  So stop being such a downer, and say something positive about your husband!  After all, you married him for a reason, and you stay with him for what I'm sure are many more reasons.  Not to mention it feels good to talk about the ones we love because it puts a smile on our face...at least it put a smile on my face, and I'm sure the other women's faces.

And to the other women who posted, I love all your comments!! They all made me smile, and I think you all have wonderful men in your life :) 

Birthday
  • I have been on these boards for a while and I have seen Doglove brag about her DH numerous times.  In fact, I would say that the posters that others might consider " harsh" are the ones in the healthiest relationships.   I too have been accused of being mean and hard on people, but I believe that is because I truly know what it is like to be loved, respected and admired.  I have a husband that would swim across shark infested waters just to get me a lemonade. It isn't because I am lucky, it is because I chose wisely. I made good decisions to dump bad boyfriends and I made another good decsion to date and then marry my husband.  He proved to me before we even got engaged that he was a man of noble character. 

Here's the thing, when you are in a healthy happy relationship, it saddens you to see so many woman have such low standards for themselves.  I have seen a lot of woman say things like " I have an amazing man but he regularily accuses me of cheating on him, never helps with household chores, let his mother publicly bad mouth me, but you know he's amazing.  Every time I see that I think "Uhhh , no, my husband is an amazing man, yours is not.  Amazing men don't act like that." Another thing that angers me is when posters complain about their SO and another says " Oh, that is just how men are." Actually I find that infuriating and insulting. N,o not all men are lazy, mama boy jerks.  Mine certainly isn't.   A lot of women aren't realizing that they are choosing a life of misery for themselves and their children.

• image Crochetgal85:
     Obviously you have nothing nice to say about your husband, otherwise you would have taken joy in the post and bragged about your husband like the other women who commented with joy.  Or possibly, you like other peoples problems and you relish in the drama of their lives feeling superior that your relationship doesn't share the same issues.  So stop being such a downer, and say something positive about your husband!  

STW pretty much covered my response - I appreciate that stw. :) And I do want to add that a large part of having a healthy relationship is picking someone who you trust and respect and also who trusts and respects you. Do I think my DH is the best? Yes. In fact, I do. I have been in some pretty bad relationships prior to being with him and have gone to therapy to help myself make better decisions. It saddens to me to see that women settle for less because they don't know any better. I could talk about how great my DH is until I am blue in the face, but really I come to this board in particular to help others who are in need of advice. I wish I had this kind of support when I was going through those difficult times. 

• My husband is amazing too!  He is truly the best person I know, and he loves me like crazy!  He is responsible and hard-working, but he also makes me laugh and cheers me up when I am down.  I hope that I let him know in real life how great he is... it's important not to take these amazing husbands for granted!  Honestly, I don't post much on here, but sometimes just reading about some of the men out there makes me turn off the computer and go give my good man some attention!
  • My man always sneaks up on me when I'm cooking. Sometimes just to make me jump and sometimes to attack me with kisses.  

He's not embarrassed to say I love you or make kiss noises on the phone when he's with his buddies. 

When I've got great news, he is the first person I want to tell.

When I've had a rough day, his are the arms I need around me to make it all better.  

• 1. He cooks amazing food and has gotten me to like stuff I have never liked (green beans, onions) because of the way he cooks them.

2. He tells me I'm beautiful/pretty/some-variation-thereof almost every day.

3. He works hard to support us while I'm still in school.

• image Bee234:
    Honestly, I don't post much on here, but sometimes just reading about some of the men out there makes me turn off the computer and go give my good man some attention!

This, this, this.

I mostly lurk on these boards, but I couldn't resist responding to this thread. I am so blessed to be married to a good man. I could be here a while, but just to name a few...

1. He's hardworking both at this job and at home. He doesn't leave everything for me to do. I actually have to step it up and make sure that I'm not letting him do everything. 

2. He doesn't put anything worldly ahead of me. He's dedicated to his job, but I know at the end of the day that, when it came down to it, that he would choose me.

3. He's thoughtful and considerate. There have been so many times that I didn't have to say a word - he knew exactly what I needed and just did it. He brings me flowers out of the blue for any reason at all. I never know when to expect it.

4. This is a little of us together, but we joke that we are puzzle pieces made to fit together. It amazes me all the time how like minded (and more) that we are.  

I honestly can't put into words everything about him. All I can say is that I am extremely blessed and I thank God all the time for him. 

Anniversary