Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

City Micro

I know a few of you have expressed interest in this stroller, and the rumor is some Targets have it marked down to 70% off or around 50 bucks.  Just thought I'd pass it on.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: City Micro

• It's still $99 at my target, but they had 3 left. 
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/20u1fn7.jpg[/IMG]

Ellie 9.08, Violet 8.11
  • It was at mine too.  They had one left but the box was open. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the City Mini GT... is it worth getting the micro? i love a good deal but am not sure if I need it. 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Supposedly, the new City Micro at Target is almost identical to the regular City Mini (according to the newsletter I received from Baby Jogger) and is compatible with all of the Mini's accessories.  I have seen on some sites that you can swap out the front wheels from a City Mini by ordering them from Baby Jogger directly.

I fell in love with the GT when we "test drove" it at BBB.  I registered for it but did not receive it.  Since we have a lot of other things going on right now, a $350.00 splurge for a stroller seemed a bit steep right now, so I decided to buy the Micro when they were marked down.  We'll see how it works out in the beginning.  Since I will be returning to work full time and LO will be with my mom during the days anyway, I don't even know how often we'll be using a stroller anyways.

Mind you, it is still sitting in the box in my living room, so I cannot do any real comparisons right now.  I think we are going to put it together this weekend, and I need to buy the car seat adapter.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image PhillyGal34:
    I have the City Mini GT... is it worth getting the micro? i love a good deal but am not sure if I need it. 

I have the GT as well and love it...I was looking the Micro for travel and just to have a slightly smaller umbrella stroller for errands (DH doesn't think we need more than the GT though).   Right now we use the car seat and snap-n-go as our "umbrella stroller" but that's obviously not a long-term possibility.  If I find one for $50 at my Target I will definitely grab it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What target has any in stock?  I looked when it was $99 and didn't see any by me. 
    <a href="http://mylifeoftravelsandadventures.blogspot.com">My Blog </a>

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt16eb86.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image tracyd21:

image PhillyGal34:
    I have the City Mini GT... is it worth getting the micro? i love a good deal but am not sure if I need it. 

I have the GT as well and love it...I was looking the Micro for travel and just to have a slightly smaller umbrella stroller for errands (DH doesn't think we need more than the GT though).   Right now we use the car seat and snap-n-go as our "umbrella stroller" but that's obviously not a long-term possibility.  If I find one for $50 at my Target I will definitely grab it.

If you want it for a light weight travel stroller, I'd probably get a Maclaren or something similar instead. As much as I love my city mini, I think and umbrella fold is better for travel w/ one kid.

Ellie 9.08, Violet 8.11
  • image Krystal6826:
    What target has any in stock?  I looked when it was $99 and didn't see any by me. 

Abington at $99. 

Ellie 9.08, Violet 8.11
  • image LalaMama81:
    image tracyd21:

image PhillyGal34:

If you want it for a light weight travel stroller, I'd probably get a Maclaren or something similar instead. As much as I love my city mini, I think and umbrella fold is better for travel w/ one kid.

I thought about that...I just love that the Micro has the giant sun shade like the Mini and fully reclines.  waaaaa. 

• image tracyd21:
    image LalaMama81:
    image tracyd21:

image PhillyGal34:

I thought about that...I just love that the Micro has the giant sun shade like the Mini and fully reclines.  waaaaa. 

Most Maclarens have a good recline, right? Not the Volo. The triumph is at least half way back. I thought the Micro wasn't fully reclined - b/c they don't recommend it for newborns or maybe that was an older model? 

The shades on the baby jogger strollers are great and if you got it for $50 it would be hard to argue with. 

Ellie 9.08, Violet 8.11
  • image LalaMama81:
    image tracyd21:
    image LalaMama81:
    image tracyd21:

image PhillyGal34:

Most Maclarens have a good recline, right? Not the Volo. The triumph is at least half way back. I thought the Micro wasn't fully reclined - b/c they don't recommend it for newborns or maybe that was an older model? 

The shades on the baby jogger strollers are great and if you got it for $50 it would be hard to argue with. 

Yeah it's a newer version according to the bump's gear board.  

• image LalaMama81:
    image tracyd21:
    image LalaMama81:
    image tracyd21:

image PhillyGal34:

The more expensive Maclarens have a recline.  The Micro doesn't recline ALL the way, but it's pretty close.  As you said, for $50 it's kind of a no-brainer.  Going to Target this weekend to see if I get lucky!

• I can only find it for $100 :-( 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Target South Philly had one the other day but the box was open on both ends and in really bad shape.  Still $99.00.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • While you ladies are out and about hunting for strollers, let me know if you find a good deal on a single jogger! 

Our double jogger was ruined in the hurricane damage but regardless we only need a single now that JD is bigger and we only use it at the shore for the beach so I won't pay more than $100 for one

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • $99 in Malvern and Oaks
    <p>[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • I went to check this out on Thursday and ended up not getting it, but picked up 2 shirts for Brooks that were marked down to $2.50 a piece! At check out I got a 20% coupon didn't notice it till I got home. Went back today and picked up the stroller for $80! I think that's a good investment. Thanks OP 

<p>[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]