Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

randoms

Job hunting sucks.

Monday night I was very excited that I had prepped chicken cordon bleu for dinner Tuesday.  I cooked at 350* for an hour, RAW.  Cooked it again at 375* for 30 minutes, STILL PINK.  I chucked it because messing with chicken is a no go.  I was super bummed.

I want to cancel all engagements this weekend and stay home and bake.

Re: randoms

• I just had a phone conference with another attorney and judge... while I was pumping HAHA
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image jessica0602:

Job hunting sucks.

Monday night I was very excited that I had prepped chicken cordon bleu for dinner Tuesday.  I cooked at 350* for an hour, RAW.  Cooked it again at 375* for 30 minutes, STILL PINK.  I chucked it because messing with chicken is a no go.  I was super bummed.

Get a thermometer for that oven...the gauges might be off--that seems like a really long time for the chicken to be undercooked at that temp.

• I just googled "funny kittens" - I'm that bored today.

Also, I just learned that the deli next to my office sells 4th Street Cookies. I'm officially screwed. And speaking of cookies, I need to locate a girl scout ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image erbur78:
    Get a thermometer for that oven...the gauges might be off--that seems like a really long time for the chicken to be undercooked at that temp.

That's a great suggestion.  I'll do that.  We had to turn down the temp in our fridge because food was going bad so quickly.  Now things are practically frozen in there.  I can't defrost meat in there it's so cold.  I cannot wait until we buy our own appliances.  This stuff that came with our apartment is for the birds!

• image PhillyGal34:
    I just had a phone conference with another attorney and judge... while I was pumping HAHA

Also, this made me laugh.  God bless the mute button.

• image jessica0602:

image PhillyGal34:
    I just had a phone conference with another attorney and judge... while I was pumping HAHA

Also, this made me laugh.  God bless the mute button.

multitasking at its best! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Jess I had that happen with chicken legs last week.  I am getting a thermometer for the oven this weekend.  Something is up!

I am excited about the Nestie book club and am going to try and suggest the same book for my book club with my sisters-in-law...that way I only have to read one book :) 

I had caffeinated coffee today for the first time in forever and I am bouncing off the walls.  I normally drink decaf.

The RSVP date for DD's christening is tomorrow and more than half of the guest list hasn't responded.  I am stupid and should have just done "regrets only" but it's at a restaurant and I need to give them a head count of kids and adults because of the price differential.  Now I am going to spend the weekend tracking down people.  The RSVP deadline is tomorrow so I am hoping I will get a bunch emails by Friday.

• image jessica0602:

Job hunting sucks.

Definetly get a thermometer to see what's going on.  This happened to my aunt and it turned out something was wrong with her oven.

If you really want that chicken cordon bleu and you have a slow cooker, try this:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-cordon-bleu/

It's been in my recipe folder, but I've never tried it.  Looked good.  The Year of Slow Cooking blog also has a recipe too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image NewQueen:

I just googled "funny kittens" - I'm that bored today.

Also, I just learned that the deli next to my office sells 4th Street Cookies. I'm officially screwed. And speaking of cookies, I need to locate a girl scout ASAP.

Shut up!! I just had some fourth street this weekend. Always want mor. 
  • I could go for a box of tag a longs right now...yes I said a box!
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • I am talking to a troop of Girl Scouts today...anyone wanna place an order? I can deliver tem at the GTG next Friday.
    [IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • image letranger:
    image NewQueen:

I just googled "funny kittens" - I'm that bored today.

Shut up!! I just had some fourth street this weekend. Always want mor. 

Katz's, in the B101 building off City Ave. Their food isn't too bad either, just a bit overprices so I never go there.

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • DH just got word he is going to a conference in New Orleans next month for a week, last year it was Vegas. I am so effin jealous.

I have been home from Disney now for two weeks and I am still experiencing vacation withdrawal, I seriously think I have a problem.

T1 is signing up for this awesome run program at his school and I am so excited for him, I really think this is a sport he will be awesome in, I want him to shine since he is just average in all the others he plays.

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11