Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wording for invite

Hi, I am going to goolge but you girls know everything about everything. SIL is throwing a bridal shower for my other SIL. Bride to be lives in California (shower and wedding are here) so they want to ask that if people are planning to bring/buy a gift, that instead of bringing it to the shower, they just buy online and ship directly to them. Then maybe in the card say what their gift is or something along these lines?

Anyone have any good verbiage to relay this message without being weird or inappropriate? I feel like I've seen this done before.

My little nuggets

Re: Wording for invite

• One would hope people would assume to just do that, but....

I would just put something on the registry insert card, "shipping gifts is preferred". Or something witty that I cannot think of at the moment like "Since our Bride to Be cannot fit all these lovely gifts in her suitcase back home to sunny Cali, please consider shipping your gift... blah blah blah"

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • I can't think of wording but my friend was just at a shower like this and they called it a shoebox shower.  The invite explained that gifts should fit in a shoebox because of the traveling situation so if your gift is bigger than that, please ship and wrap up a picture of gift or a small representation.  She got her all of her bath stuff (shower curtain, towels, rug) and shipped it but then brought a rubber duck to the shower and wrote her gift in the card. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image Shannon1110:
    I can't think of wording but my friend was just at a shower like this and they called it a shoebox shower.  The invite explained that gifts should fit in a shoebox because of the traveling situation so if your gift is bigger than that, please ship and wrap up a picture of gift or a small representation.  She got her all of her bath stuff (shower curtain, towels, rug) and shipped it but then brought a rubber duck to the shower and wrote her gift in the card. 

I think this sounds adorable given the circumstances.