Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Saw a friend's DH doing something ... should I tell her?

Last night DH and I were at a party and saw a friend we hadn't seen in 3 years. We also found out she is 6 months pregnant with her 3rd. 

As we were leaving, DH went to the restroom and saw my friend's husband snorting a line of cocaine!  I know they both used recreational drugs in the past, but this seems way riskier!  All day I kept thinking about what could possibly happen to him, and how that might affect her with 3 kids!  

She's not really a close friend - I don't know if I should try to talk to her or MYOB. 

Me: 33 DH: 38 Together 11 years, Married 8 years BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: Saw a friend's DH doing something ... should I tell her?

• You could, but she probably won't believe you anyway.:(
  • She might know already, but MYOB.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Not your problem, another vote for MYOB. I'm also wondering why you would associate or be in attendance while this is going on? It maybe risky behavior for a married man with 3 kids but you need to think of the risk to you. All it takes is you being at the wrong place with the wrong people and you will have a record. 
  • Mind your own business it's not your problem in the first place. Don't mess with other people's business. Clearly your mother didn't teach you to care about yourself.  So I suggest you shut your gossip hole and suck a bag of d1cks
  • MYOB.  I have a "friend" that I grew up with, that does cocaine  He is married now to a nice girl, and Ive never told her what I know, however to me its so obvious that Id be shocked if  she honestly had no idea.
    Visit The Nest!
  • image ROFL ATTACK:
    Mind your own business it's not your problem in the first place. Don't mess with other people's business. Clearly your mother didn't teach you to care about yourself.  So I suggest you shut your gossip hole and suck a bag of d1cks

WTF is wrong with you?

• I agree PP. He's probably pissy because he does the same thing.
  • My issue?  Well I'm pretty sure if the OP has to ask she was never raised to mind her business growing up and acts like a gossip whore with her friends. So nothing's wrong with me at all I speak my mind. Pretty clear you have an issue with it. Not that I care about your feelings. 
  • image MLE2010:
    Not your problem, another vote for MYOB. I'm also wondering why you would associate or be in attendance while this is going on? It maybe risky behavior for a married man with 3 kids but you need to think of the risk to you. All it takes is you being at the wrong place with the wrong people and you will have a record. 

Jeepers Creepers.  OP is not going to get arrested because someone at a party is doing coke in a bathroom.  Unless she is next in line.  Even then, the likelihood of cops randomly entering an adult's home because they are throwing a party is almost nothing.  At worst, they'll get a noise complaint and tell whoever opens the door to keep it down once they realize it's adults and not high school kids.

OP I say MYOB.  The wife might now.  He was doing it in their house, right?  If they were having a party, I assume someone had their kids for the night?  Maybe he was just having one last hurrah on a rare child free night before kid #3 comes along.  It's not something I'd personally do but I don't see it as much different than a husband getting tanked on a night he has a babysitter.  Either the wife knows and doesn't care or she doesn't know and won't believe you.  Either way, not your problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Meh I can't edit. I see now it wasn't their house.  But presumably they had a sitter and did not bring the kids?  The only person I see here who has a right to get involved is the owner of the house where the drugs were taken.

So I stand by my previous comment.  Not your husband + Not your house = Not your business

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image ROFL ATTACK:
    My issue?  Well I'm pretty sure if the OP has to ask she was never raised to mind her business growing up and acts like a gossip whore with her friends. So nothing's wrong with me at all I speak my mind. Pretty clear you have an issue with it. Not that I care about your feelings. 

Being concerned about someone she knows and asking strangers who don't know anyone involved in the situation=acting like a gossip whore with her friends?  And she deserves to be told to suck a bag of _dicks because of this?

You are the most socially inept person I've ever seen on the nest.

• If she's asking she's looking for validation to gossip. That's all you need to know. This post screams of a person that gossips about people. Thanks for think I'm socially inept considering your to blind to actually see what she's asking for. A valid reason to cause drama in her own life rather than mind her business in the first place. Makes me wonder about people like you who are the socially inept ones. 
  • image ROFL ATTACK:
    If she's asking she's looking for validation to gossip. That's all you need to know. This post screams of a person that gossips about people. Thanks for think I'm socially inept considering your to blind to actually see what she's asking for. A valid reason to cause drama in her own life rather than mind her business in the first place. Makes me wonder about people like you who are the socially inept ones. 

People actually think like this??

If you think that looking for validation to go right to the wife is looking for validation to gossip...then I have to wonder if English is your second language. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, since you don't understand how these are not synonymous.

I took OP's post to mean she's concerned. If the tables were flipped, she may want to be made aware. Hopefully the subject wife knows her husband well enough to have a clue. But sometimes spouses keep things from each other...sure, gasp. If you, OP, would want to know, then tell her. If you would rather someone in your position MTheirOB, then MYOB.

• image ROFL ATTACK:
    If she's asking she's looking for validation to gossip. That's all you need to know. This post screams of a person that gossips about people. Thanks for think I'm socially inept considering your to blind to actually see what she's asking for. A valid reason to cause drama in her own life rather than mind her business in the first place. Makes me wonder about people like you who are the socially inept ones. 

Hmmm...ever hear of the pot calling the kettle black? Sounds like you are the one who is screaming for some drama. Honestly, who comes to a website and tells innocent people to go suck a bag of d!cks, and saying they don't care about people's feelings, etc? I think you're lookin for a little excitement of your own, and it's kinda sad. At least OP has reasonable intentions. You just seem bored. 

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/nycartist/16755_197219638704_518460_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • How can this be "gossip" if everyone is anonymous? Just saying.
  • As in gossiping to people she knows in real life and this gentleman's wife.

To the OP: Don't ask, don't tell. MYOB.