Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

"friend's" FB profile pic

Not sure if I should say something to this "friend" on this one. There is this girls that my boyfriend and I are friends with. We all use to be really close but haven't been in years. We normally only see and talk to her about 4 times a year. Well her FB profile picture is from my brother's wedding 2 years ago of my boyfriend throwing/carrying her into the lake. the shot is from far away and you only really see him. Am I the only one that thinks this is weird?

P.S. just as a FYI I know that he only talks to her when we are at family and friends parties so it's not like they are really close. Even in HS I always felt she had a thing for my boyfriend but I know nothing has happened between them or ever would it was just a feeling i always got from her. 

Re: "friend's" FB profile pic

• Maybe she just likes this photo -- who knows why -- and wants to use it in her profile pic. I say it is no big deal.

You do not have much contact with her. And if you are that uncomfortable around her, discontinue contacting her. 
  • That is kinda weird. I mean I can understand if the women doesnt use fb much and barely goes on, but if she is on a lot with a few updates a week or more, then I would probably question it. Most people change their picture from 2 years ago if they use the site a lot. Well, that is just what I have seen. There is really nothing you can do about it though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I very rarely change my profile photo.  I hate most pictures of me, so when I find one I like it is very rare, yet I'm posting status updates almost constantly.

I wouldn't think too much of the photo.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes, it's a little weird. However, since she's not making any communication attempts to your BF I'd let it go.
    Break cycle BFP on 11/6/12 after 17 cycles and a failed IUI - TTC/BFP details in bio
    Nestie Bestie with the lovely RockABye
    image image image
  • People have a right to decide whatever photo they want for their FB profile. 
  • It's definitely weird, but then again she might just like the photo. Since you're not that close to her, you should let it go. Keep focusing on your current relationship and close friends. 
  • I'm sure there's a better issue to stress over than someone's Facebook update. Does this bother you so much you can't watch re-runs of Jersey Shore?
  • Thank you for the helpful and productive feed back. I am glad I'm not the only one to think it is weird. If she tried to get closer to him then I will worry but I do feel a lot better.