Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY- Random

I hope yall don't get tired of these! I just thought up some totally random questions for another get to know you! Here goes..

1) When is your anniversary?

2) What size bed do you and DH have?

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts?

4) Ever been pulled over? For what?

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job?

6) Pet Peeve?

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup?

8) Favorite place to buy jeans?

9) Favorite place to eat?

10) Do you shop online?

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator?

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld?

Re: GTKY- Random

• 1) When is your anniversary? 7/8

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Queen and I am ready to throw it out for a King! DH has began to take over 75% of the bed and gets mad when I wake him to move him over.

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Krispy Kreme is dangerous and I've only had the donuts a few times but they were AMAZINg!

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Speeding and blocking an intersection. Speeding I got away with and I swear it was only bc I was in a tank top and sports bra and came straight from practice.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? In a heart beat!

6) Pet Peeve? I hate gangster talk, & when men spit

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yeah, I go twice a year

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Old Navy

9) Favorite place to eat? Hibachi

10) Do you shop online? Almost always

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Depends how many flights but usually the stairs. I HATE awkward elevator silence.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? The one in Florida, the only one I've been to.

imageMags's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

TTC 19 months ~Started RE in March 2014~
    DH was not ready for IUI so we waited
    ~Started acupuncture in  May 2014~

~~BFP 7/6/14~~~EDD 3/14/15~~It's a girl!!~~
  • 1) When is your anniversary? September 1st

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Queen

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Krispy Kreme!

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? 3 times. Once at a roadblock I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, the second time bc there were blue lights on 2 of my tires that flashed when I hit a bump in the road (they called it impersonating an officer), and the third time for speeding through a neighborhood.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Oh yes

6) Pet Peeve? Stupid drivers

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? nope only if I'm super sick

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Buckle

9) Favorite place to eat? Steak n Shake or Red Robin

10) Do you shop online? Yes bc I love getting stuff in the mail!

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? I take the elevator up and the stairs down when I'm here at work. Now if I'm somewhere just going up 1 floor I'll take the stairs

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? I have been to Disney World once and loved it! I think my favorite was the tower of terror (the elevator that drops) Never been to Disneyland but I would love to go!

• imageSewilson33:

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Speeding and blocking an intersection. Speeding I got away with and I swear it was only bc I was in a tank top and sports bra and came straight from practice.

They don't actually get people for blocking intersections here- though I wish they would!

Haha the time the officer got me for speeding, he asked to search my car and I told him sure why not. I was heading home from spending the night at a friends house so of course I had an overnight bag in the car and he went through that (it contained tampons and underwear) and came back out of the car laughing. Real professional..but I didn't get a ticket just a verbal warning so I'll go with that :)

• I almost flipped on the cop for my blocking intersection violation. I had a green arrow and a d*ck made a right on red and since I was like #5 in line for the next light my TRUNK was blocking the intersection. So she gave me the ticket and not the guy who made a right on red. I didn't even know why she was ticketing me until she finally answered me as she handed me my ticket. Luckily, my Godfather is a detective in that town and my cousin is a cop so the biotch didn't get me fined at the end of the day. Oh AND I was 17 and 2 months shy of 18 so I would have lost my license for getting a ticket before new driver probation was over.

imageMags's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• 1) When is your anniversary? August 18th, 2012

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Krispy Kreme (custard filled with chocolate icing)

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Yes. Time #1 was for window tint in a bad part of town. Time #2 was speeding 35 in a 20, but he ticketed me for window tint since I had just gotten the warning from time #1 a week before. Time #3 was for speeding 73 in a 55. Woops.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job?  I would quit my current job, but I would still work and do something I love instead.

6) Pet Peeve? People chewing with their mouth open. Especially chips. It makes me crazy!

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yes. They have found a lump on both of my breasts, so I have to get biopsies once a year, and mammograms twice a year. So once I year I do the biopsy and pap at the same time. My Dr and I joke that it's my favorite day of the year. I get violated in all places at once.

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Maurices

9) Favorite place to eat? Panera Bread

10) Do you shop online? Yes. Especially Amazon.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Stairs 100%.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? World, because I love California. But I haven't been to either one.

TTC since 1/13  DX:PCOS 5/13 (long, anovulatory cycles)
    Clomid 50mg 9/13 = BFP! EDD 6/7/14 M/C 5w6d Found 11/4/13
    1/14 PCOS / Gluten Free Diet to hopefully regulate my system. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 03/14
    Surprise BFP 6/14, Beta #1: 126 Beta #2: 340  Stick baby, stick! EDD 2/17/15
    Riley Elaine born 2/16/15

TTC 2.0   6/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 9/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 6/16
    BFP 9/16  EDD 6/3/17
    Beta #1: 145 Beta #2: 376 Beta #3: 2,225 Beta #4: 4,548
    www.5yearstonever.blogspot.com 
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yay! I love doing these. :)

1) When is your anniversary? May 19th

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Cali King. I know, be jealous. :)

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Krispy Kreme. I haven't had it in a long time though!

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Yes, twice. :)

The first time was because my dog Milo, when he was a puppy, got nervous and jumped onto my lap while I was driving, and before I had a chance to put him back into the other seat, a police officer saw me and pulled me over. He didn't give me a ticket though.

The second time I was pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit...The cop was "pacing" me and not using a radar and didn't pull me over until 2 miles later when I got onto the school campus (she was a campus police officer). She was so rude! I fought that one at court and won! Mainly because when she showed up she was chewing gum loudly and the bailiff had to tell her to spit it out. Then she had an attitude with him and was slouching in her chair! You could tell the judge wasn't happy with her, because at the end he told me "I think you were speeding, but there isn't sufficient evidence, so have a nice day." I was practically jumping up and down at the fact I got out of a $300 ticket! :)

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Yes! Then I would just be a SAHM. :)

6) Pet Peeve? A lot of things. I really can't stand inconsiderate people who stop right in front of you while walking, or cut you off, but I especially hate it when someone stands like right up against me in line! I also hate Velcro. Lol

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? I go more than yearly, but I always make sure that I have my yearly check-ups scheduled with my OBGYN and PCP regularly.

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Kohls. They have the SO brand that are always on sale for under $20 and they stretch and fit really well on my strange body shape. I have a relatively small waist with a bubble butt and curvy thighs. So I've always had pants that fit my butt and thighs, but are way to big in the waist, and visa versa.

9) Favorite place to eat? I love sushi restaurants!

10) Do you shop online? Yes, mainly on Amazon and Chegg for my school books.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Depends on how many floors. If it's just one or two I'll take the stairs, if it's more I take the elevator. Or sometimes I just take the elevator anyways because I feel lazy. ;)

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? I've only ever been to Disneyland, but I really want to go to Disneyworld!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebrij2006:

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Yes. Time #1 was for window tint in a bad part of town. Time #2 was speeding 35 in a 20, but he ticketed me for window tint since I had just gotten the warning from time #1 a week before. Time #3 was for speeding 73 in a 55. Woops.

6) Pet Peeve? People chewing with their mouth open. Especially chips. It makes me crazy!

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yes. They have found a lump on both of my breasts, so I have to get biopsies once a year, and mammograms twice a year. So once I year I do the biopsy and pap at the same time. My Dr and I joke that it's my favorite day of the year. I get violated in all places at once.

These answers made me laugh. :)

I'm getting really bad at speeding lately. I can't seem to go below 80 on the freeway (which is 65)...I really need to quit it before I end up with a massive ticket! Lol

DH sometimes chews loudly and it's so annoying!

I love that your doctor has a sense of humor about your lumps. My mom has had fibroids in her breasts for years and has to get a mammogram every six months also. It hasn't turned into anything so far, and hopefully it will stay that way!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesgautschi:

6) Pet Peeve? A lot of things. I really can't stand inconsiderate people who stop right in front of you while walking, or cut you off, but I especially hate it when someone stands like right up against me in line! I also hate Velcro. Lol

Oh yeah this is another thing! Like when theres maybe 3 or 4 people all walking side by side in front of you and you can't get around them and they're walking soo slow!! very annoying!

• imageSewilson33:

Haha you mean like "yo dawg dizzle, whats up in the hizzay?!"? LOL :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSewilson33:
    I almost flipped on the cop for my blocking intersection violation. I had a green arrow and a d*ck made a right on red and since I was like #5 in line for the next light my TRUNK was blocking the intersection. So she gave me the ticket and not the guy who made a right on red. I didn't even know why she was ticketing me until she finally answered me as she handed me my ticket. Luckily, my Godfather is a detective in that town and my cousin is a cop so the biotch didn't get me fined at the end of the day. Oh AND I was 17 and 2 months shy of 18 so I would have lost my license for getting a ticket before new driver probation was over.

I totally hear you. Some cops are just stupid in their methods of pulling people over...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) When is your anniversary? 11/10

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Queen but upgrading to a King when we move

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? neither

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? yes, speeding.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Depends on how much I won

6) Pet Peeve? dirty dishes left in the sink

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? yes

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Lane Bryant

9) Favorite place to eat? L&B Spumoni Gardens - best sicilian slice anywhere

10) Do you shop online? yes

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? usually the stairs

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? neither

Anniversary
  • imageZonkaghoop:
    imagesgautschi:

Oh yeah this is another thing! Like when theres maybe 3 or 4 people all walking side by side in front of you and you can't get around them and they're walking soo slow!! very annoying!

Omg yeah that is really annoying too!

It makes it even worse when they look right at you, but don't do anything to change it...

I used to be really quiet and just roll my eyes, but now I'll flat out say "Excuse me! Do you mind?!" And I usually add a "Jack***" or something along those lines as I continue to walk. DH is rubbing off on me too much. :/ LOL

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesgautschi:
    imageSewilson33:

YES!!! I just want to slap them!

• Oh my other Pet Peeve - and I promise I will SNAP at the next person who does it to me. EVERY TIME i go to CVS pharmacy for my prescriptions someone stands right behind me when I step up to the counter or next to me while I get my stuff and use my card. IDK but in my world, I give someone at least 2 feet of space to get there drugs bc it's personal. Next time, I'm going to turn around and be like "phew thank god I got that wart cream before it spread past my hands and touch their hand."

• imageSewilson33:
    Oh my other Pet Peeve - and I promise I will SNAP at the next person who does it to me. EVERY TIME i go to CVS pharmacy for my prescriptions someone stands right behind me when I step up to the counter or next to me while I get my stuff and use my card. IDK but in my world, I give someone at least 2 feet of space to get there drugs bc it's personal. Next time, I'm going to turn around and be like "phew thank god I got that wart cream before it spread past my hands and touch their hand."

Yes exactly! I was in line at Chipotle, and this guy was leaning on the barrier that separates the line from the seating area, and his shoulder was touching my back! I kept trying to scoot forward, but he kept moving closer! I definitely should've said something, and next time I will!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSewilson33:
    imagesgautschi:
    imageSewilson33:

YES!!! I just want to slap them!

Haha I agree. I don't think they realize how stupid they sound. I don't think even people who talk like that think it's cool. Lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) When is your anniversary? Today is actually our dating anniversary (5 years!), our wedding anniversary is Sept. 1st

2) What size bed do you and DH have? King size! And I am never going back to anything smaller. 

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Krispy Kreme.

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Ooooh yes. Mostly speeding, once I got pulled over for going under the speed limit through a yellow light, another time I got pulled over because it was 3am and my car had bumper stickers on it (obviously I was super suspicious) - no other probable cause on that one.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Heck no, I'd be so bored.

6) Pet Peeve? Lots of things, but usually bad drivers (and by bad I mean people who are going under the speed limit...)

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? I try to.

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Old Navy. I actually don't think their jeans fit very well, but they're so affordable. I should probably find a place that makes higher quality jeans even if it does cost more.

9) Favorite place to eat? Anywhere local, I try not to support chain restaurants.

10) Do you shop online? Yes, absolutely.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Stairs.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Neither, I'm not really in to theme parks geared towards children.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• 1) When is your anniversary? 11-11

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Dunkin Donuts

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Yes, speeding

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Nope

6) Pet Peeve? chewing with your mouth open, misuse of your/you're, or there/they're/their

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? yes, but just for a new bcp script

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? My current favorite pair are from Target

9) Favorite place to eat? home

10) Do you shop online? yes

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? the stairs more than the elevator

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? both

• imagehesakeeper:

6) Pet Peeve? chewing with your mouth open, misuse of your/you're, or there/they're/their

oh yes, and also when they can't figure out the difference between lose and loose 

•  I love these things so keep on posting them :)

1) When is your anniversary? 9/10/11

2) What size bed do you and DH have? King, we tried queen for awhile

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Not a fan of donuts, but I guess DD

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Nope :)

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? I would probably quit my current job and find a part time one doing something I really loved, like working in a bakery

6) Pet Peeve? Anything food related. People that talk with food in their mouths, people that chew with their mouths open, people that snap their gum constantly, etc, people that slouch at the table or eat with their elbows on the table, etc.

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yep

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Express, they're the only jeans that fit me perfectly

9) Favorite place to eat? Chinese buffet down the street from our house, yummm

10) Do you shop online? All the time, I hate shopping

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Depends on how many flights of stairs I need to go up. If it's a couple flights, then stairs.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Disneyworld, but that's only because it's the only one I've ever been to :)

• 1) When is your anniversary? 5-12-12

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? D&D

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Yes, tail light and 2 passing on the rights

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Hell yes..maybe get a fun part time job

6) Pet Peeve? People who are literally ditzy

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? No

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? My best pairs have come from Walmart!

9) Favorite place to eat? Sushi

10) Do you shop online? Sometimes

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Stairs, I have a small phobia of elevators

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Either

• imageZonkaghoop:
    imagehesakeeper:

oh yes, and also when they can't figure out the difference between lose and loose 

I hate when people spell "angel" "angle". It's not that hard to spell and angle doesn't even make sense. Also, the your/you're thing pisses me off. One of my friends always mixes them up when she posts on FB and I have to fight the urge to correct her!

• 1) When is your anniversary? August 20

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Full - I want a Queen soon! lol.

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Once for speeding...he let me go..and no I did not cry. lol.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? No, well I might leave my job and get a part time job.

6) Pet Peeve? People who talk over me.

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yes.

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? The Buckle...not that I can afford those anymore. ;)

9) Favorite place to eat? Olive Garden

10) Do you shop online? Sometimes but I don't like returning online so I don't often.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Stairs, unless it is like 5 or more floors up.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Disneyworld. I have never been to Disneyland but Disneyworld is bigger so it has to be better, right?

BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageZonkaghoop:

I hope yall don't get tired of these! I just thought up some totally random questions for another get to know you! Here goes..

1) When is your anniversary? June 30, 2012

2) What size bed do you and DH have? King 

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Dunkin Donuts...but I very rarely eat donuts

4) Ever been pulled over? For what?  Yep, speeding.  I cried and still got a ticket.  A**hole cop!

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? I would quit my current job because I don't get paid all that much.  But I'm looking for a school counselor job, and if I had that job I wouldn't.

6) Pet Peeve? When I order something at a restaurant and the waiter/waitress doesn't write it down....especially if I have a special request (ex: no onions, dressing on the side, etc). 

Another big pet peeve of mine is when someone posts something really vague on facebook just to get sypathy (ex: "It's been the worst day of my life") but then doesn't provide any details.  Someone might even ask "What happened?" and the person still doesn't provide any more information. 

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yes

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Old Navy

9) Favorite place to eat? Subway

10) Do you shop online? Sometimes.  I very rarely order clothes online though.  I have to try everything on first before I buy it.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Depends on the situation.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Disneyworld

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imageleahaustin:

1) When is your anniversary? August 20

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Full - I want a Queen soon! lol.

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Once for speeding...he let me go..and no I did not cry. lol.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? No, well I might leave my job and get a part time job.

6) Pet Peeve? People who talk over me.

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yes.

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? The Buckle...not that I can afford those anymore. ;)

9) Favorite place to eat? Olive Garden

10) Do you shop online? Sometimes but I don't like returning online so I don't often.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Stairs, unless it is like 5 or more floors up.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Disneyworld. I have never been to Disneyland but Disneyworld is bigger so it has to be better, right?

OMG, you're pregnant!! Congrats!!! Did you just find out?

• I LOVE THESE!! 

1) When is your anniversary? 12/3/11

2) What size bed do you and DH have? King :) my husband is really tall and doesn't fit in anything else!

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Neither, we know this little place that makes the best donuts ever!! Better then DD or KK!

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? Yes, twice! Both for speeding.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Well, I currently don't work! I would start either an event center or a liquor store! LOL!

6) Pet Peeve? I hate guy who wear pants that sag!! No one wants to see your dam underwear!!

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? Yes!

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? Buckle, I love that place!!!

9) Favorite place to eat? Benihana!!!

10) Do you shop online? Yes, but I hate returning stuff.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? I'm not even going to lie, I always take the elevator :(

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Both, I'm a kid at heart!

• imageZonkaghoop:

1) When is your anniversary? September 22/ 12

2) What size bed do you and DH have? California King

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Dunks

4) Ever been pulled over? For what?   Ran a red light, but got out of it cause he was a child hood friend of my brothers and I told him I had to pee

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? Yes and then volunteer

6) Pet Peeve? White socks / black shoes

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? yes

8) Favorite place to buy jeans?   Bloomingdales

9) Favorite place to eat?    Sushi or Mexican

10) Do you shop online? Sometimes / not a lot

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator?  I live on the 12 floor and work on the 22  Elevator

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? World/ but never been to land

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt16f3ad.aspx[/img][/url]
  •  

1) When is your anniversary?

April 20th

2) What size bed do you and DH have?

Queen

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts?

I've never had KK so I guess DD, although I'm not a huge fan of them

4) Ever been pulled over? For what?

Yes.  Going 53 in a 40. I didn't get a ticket though.

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job?

F*ck yes.

6) Pet Peeve?

Groups of children singing, people who throw cigarette butts out their car windows

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup?

Usually

8) Favorite place to buy jeans?

Wherever they're on sale.

9) Favorite place to eat?

We have a few local places we really like.  

10) Do you shop online?

Yes. I hate malls.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator?

Elevator usually.  I'm lazy.

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld?

Disneyworld.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1) When is your anniversary? August 5

2) What size bed do you and DH have? Queen - We toyed with the idea of getting a king around this time last year, but its a good thing we didn't because our bedroom now is pretty small and a king wouldn't fit. Hopefully in 8 years or so when we add on a new master suite, we'll get a king.

3) Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts? Krispy Kreme. Luckily one of the gas stations in town that used to sell them stopped selling them a few years ago. :)

4) Ever been pulled over? For what? YES! 3 dang times for speeding and got a ticket all three times. The second time the state trooper was IN FRONT OF ME!

5) If you won the lottery, would you quit your job? after this past week, in a second.

6) Pet Peeve? when people drag their feet when they walk, not using turn signal

7) Do you go to the doctor for a yearly checkup? sure do!

8) Favorite place to buy jeans? American Eage and Express

9) Favorite place to eat? PF Changs or Chilis

10) Do you shop online? yes, only when there is a good deal on shipping.

11) Do you take the stairs or the elevator? Elevator if its anything past the 4th floor

12) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Disneyworld.

• imageKimbus22:

6) Pet Peeve?

Groups of children singing, people who throw cigarette butts out their car windows 

Haha to the groups of children singing part- I found this really funny, I literally lol'd.