Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Game of Thrones Question (no spoilers)

How does the show correlate to the book? Do the episodes go by chapters? Books? Anyone know how accurate it is compared to the book? We started season 2 yesterday.  

BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 
BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011

Re: Game of Thrones Question (no spoilers)

• Season 1 follows book 1 and so on.  I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to what is in each episode (I mean it doesn't follow chapters or anything).  As far as being true to the book Season 1 was very similar to book 1.  There started to be major differences after that.
    my read shelf:
    B's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree with B$. book 1 follows season 1 pretty well.  we aren't on to watching season 2 yet.

do you like it? and is Stephen obsessed? Ben can't get enough of it

• image amccul20:

I agree with B$. book 1 follows season 1 pretty well.  we aren't on to watching season 2 yet.

do you like it? and is Stephen obsessed? Ben can't get enough of it

It took me a few episodes to get into it but now I like it. I had a hard time following all the characters at the beginning and I was getting confused on who was who so I think thats what made it a bit hard for me to watch. We were able to get a lot watched this week because Stephen has off for 11 days. 

BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 
    BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
  • image beebe918:
    Season 1 follows book 1 and so on.  I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to what is in each episode (I mean it doesn't follow chapters or anything).  As far as being true to the book Season 1 was very similar to book 1.  There started to be major differences after that.

Yeah, there was one episode during season 2 that I swear consisted of absolutely nothing from the actual book.

I'm really curious to see how they handle seasons 4 and 5 since the events in the 4th and 5th books are supposed to happen concurrently.