January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mini Vacation: Help Decide

DH and I are trying to plan a vacation for the second week of our Christmas break. I know its late to be planning. So here's what we are considering. 1) Drive to the Smokey Mountains in TN and rent a cabin for 2 days/2nights. Its about a 12 hr drive each way. The cabin is beautiful: gas fireplace, jacuzzi bathtub, pool table, mountain views, etc. This is what we were going to do for our honeymoon, but we never got too due to lack of money. It would be a well deserved getaway for just the two of us. 2) Drive to PA to visit my family. Its a 20 hr drive each way. We would drive because at this point airfare is $800 for the two of us roundtrip vs. $320 of gas if we drive and then no rental car. We would most likely stay with my parents. I haven't been home for the holidays in 3 years. My uncle is inviting the family for a New Year's Day dinner. None of my aunts, uncles, or cousins came to the wedding so this would be the first time they are seeing us married. Lastly, my cousin died about 2 weeks ago and there was a memorial held, but we didn't go because of the distance. I am so torn on what to do. I REALLY want our very well deserved honeymoon or I guess you could now call it a babymoon. Is that being selfish? I also REALLY want to see my family, but 20 hrs in a car is not appealing at all to me. What would you do??

Daisypath - (aAP5)image image Lilypie - (ox0D)

Re: Mini Vacation: Help Decide

• I think I'm torn on this one too.  If you've seen your family "recently", I think I'd go for the mini-moon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So hard to decide too. I could really go either way. The best advice I can give you.

Flip a coin. Which ever one you are rooting for when the coin is in the air is where you should go. The coin doesn't decide for you, but clarifies your feelings toward your two choices. 

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I would choose family, but that's just me. Can you do TN during Spring Break?

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • image ImperiumWife:
    Flip a coin. Which ever one you are rooting for when the coin is in the air is where you should go. The coin doesn't decide for you, but clarifies your feelings toward your two choices.

Hahaha!  I love that!

• I would go with option one. If you didn't get a honeymoon and now you are expecting a baby you and your DH won't have much more alone time. I am speaking as a mom. You will always go to visit family after baby comes. Enjoy yourself!
  • We decided to go with a trip to PA. We are not sure when we are leaving. I told my parents tonight and they are very happy. We'll be there for New Year's Eve and Day for sure.

Daisypath - (aAP5)image image Lilypie - (ox0D)