January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

28 weeks

Picture to come later.  I keep forgetting my phone when I go to the bathroom.  But still holding steady.  I got to feel Braxton Hicks for the first time this weekend.  It surprised me but went away quickly.  I got a nap in on Sunday for about an hour and woke up with my big kitty, Parker, laying on my belly with his paw stretched around it.  Wish I'd had my phone to take a picture.

No more progress on the nursery yet.  I guess at this point we are waiting on the shower to see what we get before we buy any more big items.  We've gotten a few gifts that we are just piling on Lily's dresser.  I have slowly been picking up craft supplies at Hobby Lobby the last few weeks.  I've got a few projects for her room in mind and plan to work on them the first week of January while I'm on vacation.  I'm excited and nervous about flying this Saturday.  I get to see my doctor on Friday.  I know that she said I should be fine, but I've never flown while pregnant.  Just hoping I don't get airsick or catch something like a cold or the flu from traveling. 

We have our last birthing class tonight.  I think it's going to be fun.  We've been learning and talking about breastfeeding and will be moving on to putting on diapers and swaddling.  I know how to do this stuff from years of baby sitting plus my brother was born when I was 12 so I got a lot of diaper experience then.  I hope DH actually puts forth some effort or at least pays attention this time. His whole attitude towards this class has rapidly deteriorated to the point that he sits there playing on his iPad the whole time.  I've told him more than once that he shouldn't even bother going.  I'm not trying to guilt him into going either.  I honestly would rather be there alone than be there with a jerk of husband who is obviously not caring/paying attention.    

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 28 weeks

• Sorry your hubby is being a jerk about the classes. I'd be real mad if my DH acted that way.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • image TaraW1979:
    Sorry your hubby is being a jerk about the classes. I'd be real mad if my DH acted that way.

I so agree. Although I could understand why J might do that, too. 

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Thank Tara.  Yeah, my DH isn't much of one for school.  He finished high school through an alternative school.  I'm not sure what it is about "having" to sit somewhere for a few hours that drives him crazy.  That's a huge reason he has his job.  He works from home and doesn't have to have a set schedule.  While I know he is like this, I did feel like he should suck it up for a birthing class.  He did fairly well through the first 4 sessions of the class.  And I'll admit by the 4th class I was even thinking, "Okay lady, you are getting really repetitive, lets move on to a new topic."  I'm not trying to create excuses.  He totally should have just stuck it out.  It made me feel like the baby isn't important to him.  I was in tears last night about it. 

But he's going to learn how to do diapers!  I guess he just gets the crash course in the real thing instead of some practice.  

• image shellmaneth:
    And I'll admit by the 4th class I was even thinking, "Okay lady, you are getting really repetitive, lets move on to a new topic."

I was kinda wondering about this when I read the original post.  I tend to get things easily in classes and so I get bored easily.  If there's a computer in the room, I've probably figured out a way to surf the internet from it.  Or I'll be on my phone.

• I agree. Things were always easy for me. I got in trouble with a teacher one time because I didn't want to study when the class was studying. I knew the material and I never studied. Just couldn't do it.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Yeah, I didn't mind if he was on his phone at that point.  But in the later classes we were clearly covering different material and he just didn't care at that point.  That was when it started to bother me. 

I think he would have been better off if we'd found a one time class.  Something that was 8 hours on a Saturday.  Instead of a one night a week class for 8 weeks.   At least I've learned that much for any future classes we need to take together.  LOL.

• image shellmaneth:
    Yeah, I didn't mind if he was on his phone at that point.  But in the later classes we were clearly covering different material and he just didn't care at that point.  That was when it started to bother me. 

I think he would have been better off if we'd found a one time class.  Something that was 8 hours on a Saturday.  Instead of a one night a week class for 8 weeks.   At least I've learned that much for any future classes we need to take together.  LOL.

Maybe try asking him about some of the material that was covered.  Maybe he was paying attention and just not looking like it?  I've done that too.....

• image jtmh2012:
    image shellmaneth:
    Yeah, I didn't mind if he was on his phone at that point.  But in the later classes we were clearly covering different material and he just didn't care at that point.  That was when it started to bother me. 

Maybe try asking him about some of the material that was covered.  Maybe he was paying attention and just not looking like it?  I've done that too.....

Yeah. Me too. I used to knit in class, because it actually gave me focus. Although I have my fair share of dozing off incidences too.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• It's from last Friday when I was getting ready for work.  27 weeks and 5 days.

I took one at work today.  But it hasn't sent to my computer yet.  Once it does I'll post it.