Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Lauren620 - Easy (Possible SP)

Thoughts?

I liked it.  I didn't LOVE it.  The subject matter was a little hard for me.  The sorority stuff had me rolling my eyes at one point.  Overall, I'd give it 3.5 stars.

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
It's slippery as waterweed.

Re: Lauren620 - Easy (Possible SP)

• I gave it 4 stars on GR, but would have done 3.5 if it was an option. It reminded me so much of college, not the rape or sexual assault part, but just about everything else. If Jaqueline would have been reading instead of watching He's Just Not That Into You in her dorm room it would have been almost exactly like one of my experiences. Were you in a sorority? I went to a small college and there were parts about Greek life in the book that were pretty spot on. I didn't realize it was going to be quite so intense, but for the most part I liked the story. I am also a pretty big fan of Lucas, although he had some seriously cheesy, side-eye worthy moments. I liked that it was a quick and easy read with great tension and steamy scenes. I think Tammara Webber has some other books and I wouldn't mind reading them.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Also, have you read Bitter End by Jennifer Brown? It's another really good YA book, but the subject matter hurt so much for me to read at times. I thought of it occasionally while reading Easy.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Yea, I was in a sorority, but I dropped out.  Yea, yea, I know. Even so, some things seemed overly dramatic.

I thought it was a quick read, but something felt....lacking.  I can't put my finger on it.  I liked Lucas and the whole Lucas/Landon thing, even thought I saw it coming from a mile away.  

I've never read Bitter End.  I don't think I will.  That subject matter can't even be insinuated in a movie without me walking out of the room.

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
  • P.S. I was a fan of the steamy scenes.
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
  • Yeah, sometimes the drama was a bit much!  There were a couple of times that I thought I was missing something. So I definitely inderstand where you are coming from saying something was lacking. At first I thought there might have been some continuity errora and that was maybe causing a disconnect in the story, but I'm notsure  that is what it was.

I also saw the Landon/Lucas thing, but I still liked it.  

Bitter End is about physical abuse and definitely not a light read, but still good. I totally understand not wanting to read it though because that is such a difficult and personal subject , you know?

I also have Perfect Chemistry (not abuse related, at least not to my knowledge) and I really want to read it because I hear it is hot. And I love some good smut! 

my read shelf:

• image Lauren620:

I also have Perfect Chemistry (not abuse related, at least not to my knowledge) and I really want to read it because I hear it is hot. And I love some good smut! 

There's definitely some sexy time in Perfect Chemistry, but you have to be able to deal with a lot of cheesiness.

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg