Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR - Sandy aftermath?

How are my fellow east coasters doing?  Most of my area is still without power.  My work has been closed all week due to lack power.  My town is one of the few areas that actually has power so our house has been a shower/charging spot for our local family.

My parents had two extra nights in Jerusalem since they couldn't fly back on Tuesday but they should land tomorrow morning at JFK. 

The photos from the NJ shore & NYC are horrible!  I hope the nesties in those areas are ok!!!

Re: NBR - Sandy aftermath?

• Yes, I'm thinking about all you guys too!  I can't believe the pictures, especially the ones of the neighborhood that burned.  It looks like a war zone.

We finally got in touch with all my mom's family (in PA, DE and MD) and everyone is okay with mostly minimal damage.

Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • I hope everyone is doing OK.  I know how bad hurricanes suck.  I'm keeping the East Coast in my prayers.

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • We still don't have power.  And we don't have an estimate of when it will return.  We were lucky though because we went out around 9:30 on Monday night, which was a lot later than most of my friends.  They're saying it could take up to 10 days to restore it.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• image RevJen:
    We still don't have power.  And we don't have an estimate of when it will return.  We were lucky though because we went out around 9:30 on Monday night, which was a lot later than most of my friends.  They're saying it could take up to 10 days to restore it.

Oh no! Stay warm!

Married 7/04 LO#1 9/13 LO#2 12/15
  • A distant cosuin lives in NY and no one has been able to get in touch with her. She lives alone with her 2 year old and is 6 months pregnant with twins. Sad Everyone is holding their breath that we hear from her soon.
  • image littlemisswitness:
    A distant cosuin lives in NY and no one has been able to get in touch with her. She lives alone with her 2 year old and is 6 months pregnant with twins. Sad Everyone is holding their breath that we hear from her soon.

I heard on TV that a lot of phones are out, etc. They were urging people not to panic yet if they hadn't heard from their loved ones. A lot of people who are perfectly fine just don't have a way to communicate. So hopefully thats the case with your cousin!

I'll be thinking about her and I hope that you hear from her soon! Keep us posted! I know how scary it must be not knowing if everyone is okay!

I live in Central VA.  We were extremely fortunate. It was calling for high wind and my county was even under a blizzard warning! Fortunately it didn't snow, it never got cold enough. If it had been much colder we would've had some problems due to the amt of rain we got. Fortunately, the wind didn't get up as originally predicted, so we only have a few people throughout our area that are out of power. They are folks that live in more remote areas, wooded areas, etc. We actually faired much better with this than we did the Derecho storm a few months back. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Lol watching national news makes me laugh because they show nj and manhattan  Long island was hit worse than manhattan by far!! . Long Island is a land mass, not a county, that includes Brooklyn and queens. While those are NYC boroughs they're ON long island. Breezy point which burned is on long island. 

My power came back on about 10 last night.  85% still without. The roads are a mess trees everywhere, tons of flooding.  

Hope everyone else is safe!! 

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    A distant cosuin lives in NY and no one has been able to get in touch with her. She lives alone with her 2 year old and is 6 months pregnant with twins. Sad Everyone is holding their breath that we hear from her soon.

Where in NY exactly? And phones are out for the most part. Cell service is spotty. But if she's not in one of the affected flood areas I'm sure she's fine. 

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • We were fortunate and didn't lose any power, not much damage in town. But keeping everyone else in my T&P's!

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am in Delaware. I am not right on the coast or anything but we didn't even lose power. The tax ditch in our backyard overflowed and there are some trees down in the neighborhood but nothing too bad. Thank goodness. My husband works in the Stormwater Drainage department for the State. He is based out of Sussex County (where the beach is located for those of you not familiar) so I am sure he will be very busy for a while.

• We are ok. No power since Monday at 2:45 pm and no cell service pretty much since that night. If anyone is trying to get in touch with family or friends that is the reason. Lots of towers were affected by the storm. Luckily, my town only flooded by the LI Sound where there is a park. Most of the damage is trees down. I am only able to update you on this since I am at work.

They tell us it can be up to 10 days here where I am in NY/suburbs of NYC. I heard on the radio that in NJ, it could be up to 21 days.

I work for the electric co and I don't have any way of pushing our service to be back.

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image alithebride:

image littlemisswitness:

Where in NY exactly? And phones are out for the most part. Cell service is spotty. But if she's not in one of the affected flood areas I'm sure she's fine. 

I believe she is right on the NY/NJ line.

• image JSweetieXO:

We are ok. No power since Monday at 2:45 pm and no cell service pretty much since that night. If anyone is trying to get in touch with family or friends that is the reason. Lots of towers were affected by the storm. Luckily, my town only flooded by the LI Sound where there is a park. Most of the damage is trees down. I am only able to update you on this since I am at work.

They tell us it can be up to 10 days here where I am in NY/suburbs of NYC. I heard on the radio that in NJ, it could be up to 21 days.

I work for the electric co and I don't have any way of pushing our service to be back.

My electric company is saying 7-10 days for full restoration.  But someone relatively close to my house got their power back a little bit ago so I'm hopefully.  Doubtful but hopeful.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

image alithebride:

image littlemisswitness:

I believe she is right on the NY/NJ line.

So then she's north of the city. Powers out.  

• We still don't have power. I stayed at my parent's house last night just for the heat. We have many trees down, but thankfully no damage done to the house/cars.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image RevJen:
    image JSweetieXO:

We are ok. No power since Monday at 2:45 pm and no cell service pretty much since that night. If anyone is trying to get in touch with family or friends that is the reason. Lots of towers were affected by the storm. Luckily, my town only flooded by the LI Sound where there is a park. Most of the damage is trees down. I am only able to update you on this since I am at work.

My electric company is saying 7-10 days for full restoration.  But someone relatively close to my house got their power back a little bit ago so I'm hopefully.  Doubtful but hopeful.

Oh, that's good! I am gonna check when I get home down the block where they should be working to see if they are doing anything :)

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm safe and sound. Never lost power. My friend on the coast didn't float away and my parents didn't lose power. We're good here in CT. :)
    [IMG]http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y514/Tanya_Weeks_Eaton/5PhgQ_zpsa98cf1f2.png[/IMG]

<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D