Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: I know we're all grown ups, but...

...who is dressing up for Halloween tomorrow?  If yes, post who or what you'll be.

[poll]

Re: NBR: I know we're all grown ups, but...

• I'm going to be Wednesday Addams.
  • Yes, dressing up at work (we have a contest)....Mrs.Potato Head 
  • I was thinking of throwing on garb ( I do medieval recreation, so this doesn't really count as a costume.) and hanging out at a friend's house that gets kids. However, I'm not feeling very social for tomorrow.

For the seven years that I've lived on my own I've either never been home for Halloween or have gotten NO trick or treaters.

My job does not allow dressing up for Halloween, however I have skirted that policy by doing smoky eyes and red lips and being naturally pale. Let the patron draw their own conclusions.

[IMG]http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y514/Tanya_Weeks_Eaton/5PhgQ_zpsa98cf1f2.png[/IMG]

<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Well, my office gets very into Halloween.  There is a big contest by department every year (with a theme!).  However, it is the Thursday before Halloween so it already happened.  Normally I participate in that but I happened to be off that day (but I did bring the girls into work for a visit & they were in their costumes).

For Trick or Treat, I don't get all dressed up but I usually put on something fun like a hat or boa. 

• I am going as a Native American. Or native Indian. I think they changed their pc status a while ago. 
  • Special Snowflake:  I'm wearing some cute Halloween socks to work and to hand out candy, but that's about it.

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • I planned and was looking forward to wearing a costume to work. That was until I found out earlier in the month that school is closed on Halloween!
    Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93
  • I will be working 2:30-9:30, I will be dressed as Minnie Mouse. Will pip later.
  • I'm going as an extreme version of myself... a hippie. :)

• I decided to dress festive (but not costume) for the office today.  I am wearing a rust colored dress with a black cardigan that has skulls all over it.  I am also wearing my giant spider ring and spider earrings. 

imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • I only dress up for Halloween parties now a days and I was Cruella De Ville :-)

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Special Snowflake.  

I wouldn't say I don't "do" halloween. I've got cute pumpkin socks and a jack o lantern t-shirt. Im handing out candy and dressing up my fur baby as a tootsie roll.  I'm just not wearing a costume per se.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I've got a cehf's hat and an apron to throw on over my regular clothes for our costume contest at work. I've printed off a page that looks like the entry for iron on the periodic table and I'll add that to the arpon so that I can be an Iron Chef. Totally dorky, but good for work. I'll probably put it back on while we pass out candy tonight.

Brie's Blog 10.11.08  The Top Shelf Bookshelf

my read shelf: Brianna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I put special snowflake because I won't dress up but I do all the other halloween stuff. 
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I am Effie today at work

Follow my SK blog as I reread the entire SK library (again!):
    http://www.skallthetime.blogspot.com/
  • SS - We're not dressing up, but H is painting my belly like a pumpkin tonight. 

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm not dressing up this year but I am wearing a shirt filled with skulls today at work.

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image myJunegirls:
    I am Effie today at work

Pics!!! 

• I'm wearing a shirt that says "I don't do costumes" that I got from Target.  I didn't have the energy to come up with a costume. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Special Snowflake - I wish I was dressing up, but money got too tight this year. I'm still debating trying to squeeze into my Gryffindor polo or not even bothering.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary my read shelf:
    Tawny's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • I was going to dress up but the Giants parade is today so I'm decked out in my SF Giants gear. I'm not able to make it to the parade but I know SfGiantsJo is there!  
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • I am still unsure what I am going to dress as but I was thinking this morning that I might want to go with the steam punk look. This is our first year at the house I hope we get some Trick and treaters
    Anniversary
  • I absolutely hate Halloween so I'm not dressing up, but the princess loves it so I'm getting her all dressed up and taking her trick or treating while trying not to grumble to loudly about it. 

• I dressed up as a toddler.  I'm so excited that I'm wearing pajamas as work.
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • special snowflake over here. It's not that I don't do Halloween I just didn't plan for a costume this year. But my son is an adorable scarecrow :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm not dressing up today (and we don't get any trick or treaters), but I dressed up as Juno on Saturday for our friends' Halloween party. DH wore a shirt that said "I don't do costumes". He's a party pooper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 
  • I only dress up if I have a party to go to, which I didn't this year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker