Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cleaning shower tile

I've noticed that regardless of what type of cleaning products I use, the tile in our shower still looks dingy, moreso the grout.  What types of products of would you suggest that I use to fix this?

Re: Cleaning shower tile

• I use h2o x5 steam mop with the grout cleaning tool..it works well for this stuff and floors. 
  • This weekend, we cleaned our kitchen tile with Oxyclean and a toothbrush.  Worked out fabulously and pet friendly b/c there's no bleach.  I'm going to be hitting the bathroom tile next and hope for the same results.
  • Ditto toothbrush. I used Tilex with bleach on my dirty tile floor grout when we moved into this house. If you go the bleach route, which works really well, just be sure to ventilate the space with open windows, fans, etc.
  • I use the Mr Clean magic erasers on just about everything. Bathroom tile looks amazing with it and a little elbow grease. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will be going to Target as soon as Sandy passes over Maryland.
  • image Jana711:
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will be going to Target as soon as Sandy passes over Maryland.

Stay safe! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • wont work for all the grout but in boot camp ( for the ARMY) we used toilet paper soaked in bleach, then attached it to the corners ( kinda like paper mache, lol) and let it soak for a few hrs. worked AMAZING!!