Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good way to store clip-on ties?

So my DH wears a clip-on tie every day (no judging - he's so uncoordinated he can barely tie his shoes let alone tie a real tie).  Right now he has them all clipped onto wire hangers.  It's not the best way to organize/store them...but I'm having trouble coming up with a better solution.  Any ideas anyone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good way to store clip-on ties?

• I don't know, but clipping multiple ties onto wire hangers sounds better than anything I could come up with (aside from just laying them flat in a drawer).
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image PitaPata Cat tickers image
  • When I used have to wear clip on ties for work, I usually threw them in a pile in my closet, if I was feeling particularily inclined to have things put away properly, I would roll them and stick them in a drawer, the wire hanger idea sounds like its working for your H (maybe not sightly for you, but his ties, his issue) and sounds like it would work. Another option might be to use a ribbon or wire across a wall flat so the ties lie flat against the wall out of th way of other clothing. Sorry thats all I got.
  • Regardless of it being a clip-on or knot tie, the best way to store them when not in use is by rolling them. This will protect the fabric and help prevent wrinkling and creasing.