Pittsburgh Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Toys that open and close

Stick out tongueNolan loves to open and close doors.  He'll stand at Brinely's kitchen forever opening and closing all the doors.  He'll sit on the floor in Brinley's room pushing her door closed (it won't latch because of the gate) and opening it. 

Are there any favorite toys your kids have with doors that open and close?  We have a few of the "pop up" toys Preferrably on the smaller side since space is at a premium. :-)

I was thinking this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learning-Letters-Mailbox/dp/B001IEWX2A/ref=sr_1_13?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1349967368&sr=1-13&keywords=toys+with+doors

This seems like such a dumb question Stick out tongue

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickera>

Re: Toys that open and close

• This toy is definitely not small, but is pretty slim so you could potentially slide it between or behind something for storage....both of the kids have loved them at daycare, and I bought it for my BFF's son when he was around 9 months old and he used it for a long time (FP Laugh & Learn home).  they're pretty pricy, but could be something that's easy to pick up on craigslist.

The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • I forgot, Liam has this Leap Frog My Discovery House, he also loves opening and closing the tiny doors (it has 2 doors, and they're pretty small, so it forces him to work on his fine motor skills).  It also has windows that you can slide open/shut, a crank thing that looks like a bathroom faucet, some buttons, etc...  It's small, the size of a shoebox or so:

The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • My son has that mailbox and LOVES it, even approaching three years old. 

• The mailbox is still a huge hit over this way.  :)
  • imageegpitt22:

This toy is definitely not small, but is pretty slim so you could potentially slide it between or behind something for storage....both of the kids have loved them at daycare, and I bought it for my BFF's son when he was around 9 months old and he used it for a long time (FP Laugh & Learn home).  they're pretty pricy, but could be something that's easy to pick up on craigslist.

We have the barn version of this and it is a big hit.  We also have the mailbox and both kids play with it. 

• imageamyjoy18:

Stick out tongueNolan loves to open and close doors.  He'll stand at Brinely's kitchen forever opening and closing all the doors.  He'll sit on the floor in Brinley's room pushing her door closed (it won't latch because of the gate) and opening it. 

Are there any favorite toys your kids have with doors that open and close?  We have a few of the "pop up" toys Preferrably on the smaller side since space is at a premium. :-)

I was thinking this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learning-Letters-Mailbox/dp/B001IEWX2A/ref=sr_1_13?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1349967368&sr=1-13&keywords=toys+with+doors

This seems like such a dumb question Stick out tongue

Gabe has the mailbox. He loves it! 

• I ordered the mailbox!  emmy--I like the house that you posted, but I feel like we have every nook and cranny filled :-(  but it may be on the list for an easter present if we're in our new house :-)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickera>