Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hard water stains

How do you get rid of hard water stains on your bathroom taps and sometimes the tiles too. These stains are stubborn and because of the salt content in the hard water, they refuse to go easily. What is the best way to get rid of them.

Re: Hard water stains

• A product called CLR (it stands for Calcium, Lime, Rust). It comes in a variety of forms and you can get it at Home Depot type places.
  • Hi there , you can use polished cleaner to wipe  the water stains, just need several drops will OK,usually the store sell faucets have that polish cleaner
    A girl can never have too many shoes
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I will try both of them. These water stains were just making my faucets look so ugly. I will surely get rid of them now. Thank you again for your opinions.
  • We have extremely hard water. I made a daily shower cleaner with vinager, water, and jet dry. We spray it every day in the shower and sink. It keeps our hardware nice. When i need to clean I use the magic eraser. It's very easy and low maintenence.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/des47b.jpg[/IMG]
  • I drench paper towels in white vinegar and then wrap them around the tap like it's getting some kind of spa treatment. I leave it for 15 minutes and then come back and the hard water deposits wipe right off. 

I don't do this with tile because I read somewhere that vinegar is bad for it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Paper water in Vinegar seems like a good idea. I should try it too. Cool Spa treatment for the taps and then they look shining bright. Hard water is a big pain. I hate the stains they leave. Thanks for all your ideas everyone.
  • KABOOM! spray.... its amazing!!  
  • What does everyone use for shower doors?  No matter what I try, they are always horrible to clean.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit Fall.weddings.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image music11:
    What does everyone use for shower doors?  No matter what I try, they are always horrible to clean.
    I have been wondering the same thing... I have tried everything and they never come totally clean.... Its so frustrating. You can only scub soo much
  • I like CLR and when I don't need the heavy duty stuff I use White Vinegar. 

With shower doors I rinse off the soapy water (if your shout head can reach). I then use one of those shower door water scraper things to get off the excess water. Clean with CLR or Vinegar when needed. Otherwise just use a normal bathroom all purpose cleaner.