Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIFLT: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (sp)

eeek- I forgot to post this! I just realized it. I actually finished last Friday i think.

So all in all, I ended up loving it.  Like I said before I am glad I kept pushing through my frustration with the beginning of the audiobook.  The book became a completely different story once Akiva arrived.

Loved how the end jumped from the past and back into the present.  I really enjoyed the whole "ball" (or whatever it was called) scenes.  Loved all the scenes with Akiva and Karou/ Madrigal.     Loved to hate "The White Wolf"- he was such a creeper. 

The only thing is I saw the end coming.  I saw her half sister (sorry can't remember her name) doing something to tell about what was going on.  And whenever Akiva kept saying "remember I love you" all I could think was "bummer, he killed Brimstone didn't he?" But, even given that it was a tad predictable, it didn't take away from the enjoyment at all!!

(I will say I did not see Brimstone using said half sister to save Madrigal's soul- that scene was awesome) 

So, now I am bitter that I have been sucked into ANOTHER series and can't wait to read the next one. It comes out soon right?

Follow my SK blog as I reread the entire SK library (again!):
http://www.skallthetime.blogspot.com/

Re: WIFLT: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (sp)

• So glad you liked it! I felt the same way. The beginning was interesting, but not like the second half. I loved the second half. It was so different from everything else out right now. However, It did feel very predictable.

Days of Blood and Starlight is supposed to be out November 6th. Not much of a wait at all!

Isn't the cover gorgeous?!

image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • I'm so happy you got into it and enjoyed it!
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • image katierocks8884:

So glad you liked it! I felt the same way. The beginning was interesting, but not like the second half. I loved the second half. It was so different from everything else out right now. However, It did feel very predictable.

Days of Blood and Starlight is supposed to be out November 6th. Not much of a wait at all!

Isn't the cover gorgeous?!

Love the cover! And I didn't know it was coming out 11/6, yay!