Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Friday Confessions!

• I confess that I am self-conscious about my 25-point task pick and feel like no one likes it.  And I feel like that's an entirely silly thing to be self-conscious about.

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • I don't really like my new teaching job very much. Tongue Tied
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm annoyed that my boss won't consider my December vacation time until the end of October because they are going to look at everyone's requests together.  A has been planning a surprise Christmas trip (which he NEVER does) and now I have to put him on hold.  I'm so so SO upset!

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image sessionswedding:
    I confess that I am self-conscious about my 25-point task pick and feel like no one likes it.  And I feel like that's an entirely silly thing to be self-conscious about.

I like it!  I think we did something sort of like it about 2 years ago.  It made me get more into reading book blogs so I think it's a great idea!

Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Hoycie:
    I'm annoyed that my boss won't consider my December vacation time until the end of October because they are going to look at everyone's requests together.  A has been planning a surprise Christmas trip (which he NEVER does) and now I have to put him on hold.  I'm so so SO upset!

What kind of crappy supervisor doesn't approve vacations until two months before a major holiday? Most places do that a year in advance. People have to buy plane tickets, for Pete's sake. I'm angry for you.

My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • I have like 5 friends on Twitter and it makes me sad.
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image Passanie:

image Hoycie:
    I'm annoyed that my boss won't consider my December vacation time until the end of October because they are going to look at everyone's requests together.  A has been planning a surprise Christmas trip (which he NEVER does) and now I have to put him on hold.  I'm so so SO upset!

What kind of crappy supervisor doesn't approve vacations until two months before a major holiday? Most places do that a year in advance. People have to buy plane tickets, for Pete's sake. I'm angry for you.

Naturally everyone in the office wants to request Christmas week off and so they want to look at it as a whole.  So now I have to put A on hold. UGH!! 

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I totally used my mom's Spanish speaking skills to get something I wanted yesterday. Every time she talks to someone in Spanish they are always surprised because she doesn't really look Mexican.

• I'm not going to my grandmother's funeral on the opposite coast tomorrow. I have limited time and limited money and we decided it makes more sense for me to take my planned trip to see my little nephews in October, who I haven't seen in a year (they won't be at the funeral). I feel like a colossal b!tch for moving so far away and not being there for everything my family has gone through with my grandma dying.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • I woke Shaun up in the middle of the night to chew him out bc I was tired. 

When I'm exhausted and awake feeding Jude and he's just laying there just snoring away, I imagine myself just punching him full force in the head.

This morning after he left for work, I continued my plesentness with a bunch of mean texts.

I feel justified bc I read the wiki article about sleep deprivation and it said a normal thing is to have crazy emotions and be unable to put things into perspective. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I am seriously considering spending a bunch of money to fly over and see my DBF for a week next month.  I should be saving more, but I've been so down at work that I feel like spending a ton of money so that I can have a real hug.
  • A co-worker said I could let one of my friends borrow some books from her(co-worker) and she(friend) is taking forever to read them. My co-worker keeps asking me and it's making me feel terrible... I just wish my friend would read faster!
  • I also feel badly that I yelled at A last night for waking me up when he got home from the law library (he's been studying for the LSAT).  He didn't do it on purpose but I was so pissed! This morning I apologized.

• I really hate my new job, and am considering calling off this weekend just so I don't have to go to work. I'm thinking of excuses I can use that's good enough for both days. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We got a sneak peak at the changes to mh work yesterday. However they refuse to give any further dates that we can expect changes by. His job could be on the line here, and all we have been told is that the changes are going to happen over the next three years.

I am now so angry with this stupid government and their stupid ideas. It's okay guys we will just continue to put our lives on hold until you decided to make your announcements.

In the changes announced yesterday, the program that I participated in as a kid that changed my life got cut. This makes me really really sad that no one else will get to have such an amazing opportunity like that again.

• image fabk:

We got a sneak peak at the changes to mh work yesterday. However they refuse to give any further dates that we can expect changes by. His job could be on the line here, and all we have been told is that the changes are going to happen over the next three years.

I am now so angry with this stupid government and their stupid ideas. It's okay guys we will just continue to put our lives on hold until you decided to make your announcements.

In the changes announced yesterday, the program that I participated in as a kid that changed my life got cut. This makes me really really sad that no one else will get to have such an amazing opportunity like that again.

Being in limbo sucks! I hope they get it figured out soon.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm kind of convinced that the beginning of the migraine and the heartburn I have this morning mean that I am going to explode sometime today.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• I am starting to really get frustrated with people to the point where I feel like I should have some kind of back office job that doesn't deal with the public.  I get so frustrated when people show such blatant rudeness to myself, my coworkers, or other clients.  I hate when people get that sense of entitlement.  Seriously-it ruins my whole day, even if it's just one person.  I keep thinking of how I was raised and there is no way I would ever get away with it.

I need to start a diet since I'm going to Miami and Orlando next February but I have no motivation whatsoever.  I am so worn out and disgusted with myself, I don't even look at myself in the mirror anymore. 

Anyone got a donut?

"Live like there's no midnight."

• I totally broke down last night into a stupid crying mess.  My job is quickly sucking the life out of me.  I care too much to have a job where parts of people's lives depend on me when the people my work depends on don't seem to give a sh!t.  Ever.  Also, my friends suck.  I'm to the point where it basically feels like I don't have friends.  And everyone at work is like 10-20 years older than me.  I'm sick of being lonely.  To top everything off, my dream boots got delivered yesterday and I had to return them since I apparently have tree trunk legs and then DH took me to dinner to cheer me up and they forgot our order.  I just couldn't win yesterday.

Also, I haven't finished a book since July.   I'm taking 7 college units on top of work and I barely have time to read anymore :(

Anniversary
              40 books in 2014?

2014: 4/40

[2010: 63] [2011: 35] [2012: 23] [2013: 27]

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I confess that I'm glad it's raining all weekend so maybe it will knock down some of the crap in the air and wash away all the allergens.  I feel like total crap thanks to my non-stop allergies, it makes me want winter.

I also plan to waste a ton of time this weekend playing World of Warcraft and I am not ashamed and very much looking forward to it.

Books read in 2011: 111

Books read in 2012: 100
    Books read in 2013: 75
    Books read in 2014: 130
    Books read in 2015: 98
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I just finished a closing for someone I went to high school with.  He remembered me, I had no clue who the heck he was, but I smiled and pretended I remembered him all through the closing though.  He even lived in my extended neighborhood through high school and I still have no idea who he is.

I feel bad for not remembering him.   

imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • image sessionswedding:
    I confess that I am self-conscious about my 25-point task pick and feel like no one likes it.  And I feel like that's an entirely silly thing to be self-conscious about.

Sessions - I think it is a great idea.  I follow Jen Lancaster, and she has lists of recommended books all the time.

• image coughing hairballs:

I just finished a closing for someone I went to high school with.  He remembered me, I had no clue who the heck he was, but I smiled and pretended I remembered him all through the closing though.  He even lived in my extended neighborhood through high school and I still have no idea who he is.

Is it wrong that I find this hilarious? 

• I confess that my previous confession seems really silly in light of the fact that there are so many more serious confessions.  But it's nice to know people like my task.  Smile

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • Ok, one more. 

One of the partner's at our firm is addicted to buying DVDs, his house could seriously be considered Blockbuster (RIP).  Keeping that in mind,  mostly every "casual Friday" he comes in wearing a shirt that does not cover his belly because a.) it's too short & b.) his belly is growing in size.  I feel so badly for him and want someone to tell him "stop buying DVDs for your collection and start buying t-shirts that cover your belly".

• Nesting from my phone: I don't understand how my sister can be ok with going a months without spending time with me. And I don't mean it in an oh i'm so awesome kind of way but in a "hey we're family and I am your only sister" kind of way. I'll email her saying 'let me know when you are free' and she'll very often just gloss over it and talk about everything else in my emails. I know I just need to either talk to her or just accept it for what it is but I still just don't get it. 

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”

• image jackiback:

I woke Shaun up in the middle of the night to chew him out bc I was tired. 

When I'm exhausted and awake feeding Jude and he's just laying there just snoring away, I imagine myself just punching him full force in the head.

This morning after he left for work, I continued my plesentness with a bunch of mean texts.

I feel justified bc I read the wiki article about sleep deprivation and it said a normal thing is to have crazy emotions and be unable to put things into perspective. 

I go through this too.  It's a small blessing that DH works nights and I only have to feel this way 2-3 nights a week.

Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • image coughing hairballs:

I just finished a closing for someone I went to high school with.  He remembered me, I had no clue who the heck he was, but I smiled and pretended I remembered him all through the closing though.  He even lived in my extended neighborhood through high school and I still have no idea who he is.

This used to happen to me all the time when I worked in retail. I was constantly getting stopped by people and I would just pretend like I knew them. In reality I didn't know if they knew me from HS, College, previous jobs, mh's work or if they were just a frequent customer.

• One of my coworkers mentioned a job opening her former boss contacted her about. Her former boss wanted to know if she knew anyone who might be qualified/interested. She passed along my contact info. It could be a great position and I'm really hoping something comes of it. I thought about it a lot yesterday and I think I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.

Brie's Blog 10.11.08  The Top Shelf Bookshelf

my read shelf: Brianna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I feel like I should have this whole motherhood thing down by now.  Or that people expect that I should.  But I don't.  I still have breakdowns at least once a week.  I stress every morning about how I'm going to shower.  I make DH go grocery shopping because I don't know how to handle DD, shopping cart and groceries.  AND my SIL just asked me to babysit her one year old next week.  I feel like I SHOULD be able to handle DD and my niece but really, I think I'm going to say no because what happens if they both start screaming!!?!?

I've always had good self esteem and been a strong person but pregnancy and motherhood has really knocked me down.

Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi