January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vent

I  just got off the phone with J's aunt who I am very close with.  I told her that we couldn't take a vacation this year because we are saving for a house.  She said something like ok, you guys are seriously thinking about staying there.  Ummm ya?  And then she got all sad, depressed, grouchy.  I get that you miss us, but come one.  Isn't there any happiness for us?  I explained that everyone I graduated with pretty much don't have a job in the field.  She was like...what? there are no jobs in in MN?  Again, I applied for 17 jobs in MN.  Got none.  Plus I Love my job. Then she started talking about us having kids and how we won't have family. Yes, I know.  Thank you. 

Sigh...this is hard. Its a no win win situation. 

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Vent

• I am sorry Jen. I know that conversation must been hard for you. I'm sure it's very hard to be away from family but people do it all the time. In this economy having a job is most important. DH and I are near our family but we don't have full time jobs in our field. It seems like now-a-days you have to pick one or the other, unless you are very lucky to have been hired in your hometown.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • Yep... this is the issue. It really is one or the other. I don't think people of the generation older than us understand this, because there were jobs in their hometowns when they were our age. Stand your ground. I wish I did have the courage to move away like you do.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Hopefully she comes around. I think you're smart to stay where your job is. DH and I want to move when I'm done with school but ultimately it will depend on where the jobs are.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker