Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bathtub stain

Our red baithing suits fell into the tub while still wet. They stayed their the entire night before being noticed. Now the white bathtub is stained. The maids were unable to get the stain out. I've been unable to get the stain out. It's been about 4 weeks now and it's faded some after much cleaning. Any tricks to help the tub get white again?

Re: Bathtub stain

• image erollis:
    Our red baithing suits fell into the tub while still wet. They stayed their the entire night before being noticed. Now the white bathtub is stained. The maids were unable to get the stain out. I've been unable to get the stain out. It's been about 4 weeks now and it's faded some after much cleaning. Any tricks to help the tub get white again?

Have you tried soaking it with bleach mixed with hot hot hot water for hour or more? (Or some other product if you dont like bleach?)

• Sadly yes I have. It did help but it's not gone.
  • It sounds like you've already done something similar to this, but I would try getting a few paper towels, folding them up, laying the folded paper towels on the stained spot, and pouring a decent amount of bleach on them. Let that sit for a long azz time, but continue to pour more bleach on the paper towels from time to time.

That's all I got.

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image PitaPata Cat tickers image
  • image PurrBox:

It sounds like you've already done something similar to this, but I would try getting a few paper towels, folding them up, laying the folded paper towels on the stained spot, and pouring a decent amount of bleach on them. Let that sit for a long azz time, but continue to pour more bleach on the paper towels from time to time.

That's all I got.

havent tried the paper towel thing. I'll have to try it.  

• Magic Eraser. If that doesn't get it out, then nothing will.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/des47b.jpg[/IMG]
  • image rakle99:
    Magic Eraser. If that doesn't get it out, then nothing will.

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Also you can try a cleanser like Comet that has bleach in it, and make it into a paste on top of the stain. (this would be especially helpful if the stain is on the side of the tub and difficult to soak) Leave the paste on for at least an hour. If that doesn't at least fade it more, your tub is SOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter