Buying A Home
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Replies

• We didn't get keys at closing. We didn't get them until it was "recorded". Pretty sure that's standard.
  • Don't know of this varies from region to region but we got the keys at closing. Money was put into escrow so I'm not sure what reason there would be for holding it up. That was actually a question I had and I remember our lawyer telling us that once we sign ..it ours.
    Anniversary
  • we got our keys at closing as well. Maybe it does vary state by state.
    imageimage
  • We got our keys at closing since the funds were transferred then. When we weren't sure if they would make it, since we were already planning on moving, we had created an addendum at the title company that both parties signed saying that settlement was final on that date so we could still move. This isn't normally the case but our sellers were very sympathetic with our situation since a hurricane was coming, we needed to move that night, and we needed to be out of our apartment 2 days later.
  • image ROFL ATTACK:
    The title company will hold the keys not the sellers.  Then when money is transfered then you can have the keys.  Normal business.

Yep, this. We were lucky that our Seller agreed to hand over the keys early, but she didn't have to because we closed late Friday afternoon.

• We left the closing with keys in hand and drove right over to the house to take a look around.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers