August 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Married Recap

So our wedding was at 5pm and I left my house at 8:30 to head to the salon with my SIL (BM) to start our hair and makeup. We ended up running a little late and we were there until 2:45 and were supposed to leave at 2. That put us an hour behind schedule so when I got there I had to fix my girls hair which took way longer. I didn't get any formal pics done but I spend the hour and a half fixing my hair to perfect it how I wanted on top of getting dressed and making sure we all knew what we were doing. We took some pics but not them all like I had hoped.

Than it was showtime. We waited in the bridal suite and than me and my dad were walked out to behind the curtain for our entrance. He looked at me and asked if I was ready and I said yup let's get this started. The song started, the curtain opened, and all I saw was him. He started to tear up and all I could do was look at him and smile not taking my eyes off all him the whole time. Our ceremony was awesome. For our kiss, the officiant told us to to give a little peck and just stand there. He than asked how long we had been together and if he had kissed me better than that in the whole time we had been together. I said yes and he asked the guests to applaud him and give him some motivation haha. Than we kissed like we were supposed to and walked back down the aisle and were married!

Than we signed our license, took more formal pics during cocktail hour, and than lined up for grand entrance. The reception was amazing! The food was so good, the photobooth was a hit, the open bar was awesome as in the bartender was handing out shots, drinks, whatever we wanted. It was truly an amazing night. I remember during our first dance, it felt like it was just me and him. I barely heard the words and just talked and smiled and danced. Same with the father daughter dance. It was truly a special moment with both my husband and my dad. 

Our open dancing was hilarious! My BIL brought a friend who was literally the life of the party. My brother got out there with his wife and lit up the dance floor. It was all in all a great night of good times. We agreed not to smash cake in each others faces but that all went out the window when I smashed it in his face since I went first haha! Totally unexpected and he was surprised. He decided rather than using a fork and being all cute he would pick up a piece off the slice and shove it in my face. I truly didn't mind since it was the end of the night and you only get to do it once. One of the best days of my life!

Re: Married Recap