Buying A Home
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What should I do about listing my house?

We had 2 different realtors come out to tell us what they would list our house for. The first said we could sell it for $240-$250.  The second says we could sell it for $220-$235.  

I think the second one doesn't like them to sit.  She wants to price them to move. However we have no problem sitting for a few months in hopes of getting a bit more.  You can always go down but not up right?

What's your advice?

Re: What should I do about listing my house?

• We just went through this. The first was lower than the second. We decided that we can always come down, and people will almost always offer less than listing price. We listed at the higher price and are so happy we did. The market here is wonderful and we had a full price offer in the first three days.

If you don't have a problem sitting for a few months I would go with the higher price. Depending on the traffic you get, you can decide from there what you want to do. Good luck!

• Did either of them explain their comps?  If you have time, I would tend to go the higher amount.  We ended up pricing on the higher end of the range our realtor gave us because we haven't found anything we want to buy yet.